- Great sound quality, low background noise
- Extension cord too long, headphone cord too short, expensive
The MDREX81SL is a worthy buy for anyone who listens to music on the go. White and silver in colour, this headphone set would particularly be a good accessory for iPod owners.
Price$ 119.00 (AUD)
The Sony MDREX81SL in-ear headphones are an excellent alternative to the poor-quality earbuds that are included with most current MP3 players on the market.
The MDREX81SL uses a small rubber cap inserted over each headphone which sits deep inside your ear. The result is clean, crisp sound with virtually no outside noise--but first-time users be warned: they take a long time to get used to. Sony has packaged three rubber caps with the headphones (small, medium and large) to ensure that they fit all sizes of ears.
The EX81SL headphones use over-the-ear plastic clips to ensure the headphones do not fall out of your ears when you move quickly. We didn't particularly like this feature, but those using the phones while exercising or doing some other form of physical activity will be impressed as the headphones did not fall out once--even when we tugged at the cord. Unfortunately, those who wear glasses while listening to their music will be disappointed--it is quite frustrating to secure the clip when having to deal with the frame of your glasses.
In terms of sound quality, the MDREX81SL headphones are very impressive. There is a good amount of bass, even at lower volume levels. Because the in-ear headphones cancel out background noise, we found ourselves listening to our favourite tunes on a lower volume setting than normal.
The only problem we had with the headphones was the cords. Basically, the extension cord is a little long and becomes easily tangled, and the cord for the headphones is far too short to be used on its own. The cords are very easily tangled around the over-the-ear clips and you're well advised to use the plastic holder which is included in the package. A handy carry case is also included with the headphones, but we would have liked a wind-up case for easier cord management.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- HP rolls out patch to fix keylogging bug in certain laptops
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTransition Manger - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTSystems/Business AnalystACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Controls Officer / CoordinatorOther
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)WA
- CCSharePoint Developer / AdministratorNSW
- CCTest Analysts - agileACT
- FTReporting, Analytics and Insights Analyst - $62 p/hrOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- TPInformation Security ManagerQLD
- TPCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Regulatory and ComplianceOther
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- FTFinancial Manager - January StartACT
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- CCRecords AnalystNSW
- CCAndroid developerNSW
- FTTeam Leader - Software ServicesVIC
- FTSecurity Analyst - Operational SupportOther
- TPPrincipal Data AnalystQLD
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java DeveloperQLD
- FTOperations Improvement ManagerOther
- FTApplication Packaging EngineerOther
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW