- Great sound quality, low background noise
- Extension cord too long, headphone cord too short, expensive
The MDREX81SL is a worthy buy for anyone who listens to music on the go. White and silver in colour, this headphone set would particularly be a good accessory for iPod owners.
Price$ 119.00 (AUD)
The Sony MDREX81SL in-ear headphones are an excellent alternative to the poor-quality earbuds that are included with most current MP3 players on the market.
The MDREX81SL uses a small rubber cap inserted over each headphone which sits deep inside your ear. The result is clean, crisp sound with virtually no outside noise--but first-time users be warned: they take a long time to get used to. Sony has packaged three rubber caps with the headphones (small, medium and large) to ensure that they fit all sizes of ears.
The EX81SL headphones use over-the-ear plastic clips to ensure the headphones do not fall out of your ears when you move quickly. We didn't particularly like this feature, but those using the phones while exercising or doing some other form of physical activity will be impressed as the headphones did not fall out once--even when we tugged at the cord. Unfortunately, those who wear glasses while listening to their music will be disappointed--it is quite frustrating to secure the clip when having to deal with the frame of your glasses.
In terms of sound quality, the MDREX81SL headphones are very impressive. There is a good amount of bass, even at lower volume levels. Because the in-ear headphones cancel out background noise, we found ourselves listening to our favourite tunes on a lower volume setting than normal.
The only problem we had with the headphones was the cords. Basically, the extension cord is a little long and becomes easily tangled, and the cord for the headphones is far too short to be used on its own. The cords are very easily tangled around the over-the-ear clips and you're well advised to use the plastic holder which is included in the package. A handy carry case is also included with the headphones, but we would have liked a wind-up case for easier cord management.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 3 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 4 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTService Level ManagerSA
- FTProcess Specialist (Continuous Improvement)Other
- CCInformation Security Consultant - BrisbaneACT
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTExperienced Application DeveloperSA
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Service Management LeadQLD
- FTJava Developer & DevOpsVIC
- CCMitel Contact Centre SpecialistWA
- TPProject Manager & Business Analyst - eDRMS - 18+ month ContractQLD
- TPAnalyst ProgrammerSA
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTCyber Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTCustomer Support OfficerSA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Office 365 ProjectOther
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- FT2 x Python Developers - FinTech/TradingOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTNon - Functional Test LeadOther
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointQLD
- FTNetwork Support EngineerSA
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC