Sony KLV-MR32 Wega
- Awesome image quality, classy design
- Short warranty, expensive
Sleek design, a top-notch image, and well-constructed menu system makes the Sony WEGA KLV-MR32 a killer LCD TV, but it's let down by a short warranty.
Price$ 7,999.00 (AUD)
Sony's WEGA Theatre series oozes class. The KLV-MR32 32" Wide Designer LCD features a floating glass design, where the silver screen is bordered by a perspex strip that supports a pair of 10W speakers. The attention to detail is top-notch; around the screen itself there are even small cutouts in the perspex border that pick up light from LEDs in the screen. These cutouts light up when the screen is in operation, but there are no cables or LEDs visible. This is very impressive, and it looks a treat. The screen runs in a 16:9 widescreen ratio, at a native resolution of 1280 x 768. The screen is 1080i compatible, but content at this resolution is scaled down to fit.
Unusually, Sony has opted to rely on a receiver unit to get the signal to the TV. The TV itself only features a DVI input, a control input (for interfacing with a receiver) and a power connector. The review model shipped with a MBT-MR2 digital receiver that included a massive range of inputs and outputs (including component, S-Video, composite, a sub-woofer input, and a Memory Stick slot for viewing photos). The receiver also includes an analog PAL tuner.
Setting up the TV was a dream. The menu is well designed and easy to navigate, and tuning was lightning-fast. The remote control fits the hand comfortably and is as well laid-out as the on-screen menu. In use, the screen offers a 170-degree viewing angle, and is clear and bright from just about anywhere in a lounge room. The displayed image is first class, and we didn't need to make many adjustments to fine-tune the picture.
The LCD panel is rated to 60,000 hours life, but the entire unit is let down by a short one-year warranty. At 105 x 64 x 23cm and a dry weight of 27kg, the 32" Sony screen is a whopper and it'll make a big splash in just about any lounge room or meeting place (a wall mount is also available if space is tight). Unfortunately, at $7999 it'll make a big hole in your bank balance.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 3 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 4 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 5 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Everything Samsung Just Announced At IFA 2017
- First Look: LG's Signature Range
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Report says Samsung's Tizen OS on smart TVs is a virtual playground for hackers
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Moto E4:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management AdministratorNSW
- TPDesktop Support ConsultantVIC
- FTProject Coordinator/AdministratorOther
- CCLean Six Sigma Black Belt 6 month contractVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst / Change AnalystQLD
- FTSupport Analyst/DevOpsVIC
- FTData Governance and PMO Lead - DW/ BIOther
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro servicesOther
- TPC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTData ScientistOther
- FTScrum Master, MarketingOther
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCC# Developer (Back-end)VIC
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneOther
- CCBlue Prism DevelopersVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSystems and Database AdministratorACT
- FTCRM DeveloperACT
- TPPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTNode.js DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital DesignerOther