IoT botnets have been known for quite a while, but they gained household infamy after Mirai grabbed the headlines back in 2016.
Sony BRAVIA KDL-55NX720 LED TV (preview)
The Sony BRAVIA NX720 has all Sony's top Web features like streaming TV channels and video on demand
- It's a cheaper alternative to the BRAVIA HX series if the picture quality proves to be similar
- It's 'only' Motionflow XR 200
The Sony BRAVIA NX720 looks attractive and has the same connectivity features of the BRAVIA HX models, but has seemingly inferior display specifications. If you can't tell the difference between the picture quality of these panels, choosing the NX720 seems to be the smart choice so far.
The Sony BRAVIA NX720, which is available in 40in, 46in and 55in sizes, looks like it will be able to do everything that Sony's best TVs (the BRAVIA HX820 and BRAVIA HX925) will be able to do when it comes to Internet connectivity and streaming video. The trade-offs come in picture quality and fast motion handling, with the BRAVIA NX720 looking very similar to last year's NX710 and NX800.
All the Sony Internet TV and BRAVIA Internet Video bells and whistles that you'll find on the best Sony TVs for 2011 are also available on the BRAVIA NX720. 24 linear streaming TV channels and a comprehensive video-on-demand service should keep the most discerning viewer satisfied once they've run out of free-to-air digital TV and Blu-ray video.
The 55in and 46in models of the BRAVIA NX720 look like they will have a slight advantage over last year's NX710 in picture quality, thanks to the use of a dynamic LED edge-light which will allow the screen to dim depending on the content shown, extending contrast. The 40in model won't have this ability, though. Apart from this, the main difference from last year's TVs is the X-Reality Picture video processor, which should mean the new NX720 is a little more competent in displaying detail and up-scaling lower-than-Full HD video.
The 40in KDL-40NX720 will be in stores in April 2011. Both the other EX720 TVs — that's the 46in KDL-46NX720 and the 55in KDL-55NX720 — will be available in May 2011.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- ASUS Zenbook Pro 15: A futuristic, exciting, imperfect, flagship notebook
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies