So you can enjoy the sunshine while listening to your favourite music or podcast. Thanks to Sennheiser. Enter today.
Sony BRAVIA KDL-55NX720 LED TV (preview)
The Sony BRAVIA NX720 has all Sony's top Web features like streaming TV channels and video on demand
- It's a cheaper alternative to the BRAVIA HX series if the picture quality proves to be similar
- It's 'only' Motionflow XR 200
The Sony BRAVIA NX720 looks attractive and has the same connectivity features of the BRAVIA HX models, but has seemingly inferior display specifications. If you can't tell the difference between the picture quality of these panels, choosing the NX720 seems to be the smart choice so far.
The Sony BRAVIA NX720, which is available in 40in, 46in and 55in sizes, looks like it will be able to do everything that Sony's best TVs (the BRAVIA HX820 and BRAVIA HX925) will be able to do when it comes to Internet connectivity and streaming video. The trade-offs come in picture quality and fast motion handling, with the BRAVIA NX720 looking very similar to last year's NX710 and NX800.
All the Sony Internet TV and BRAVIA Internet Video bells and whistles that you'll find on the best Sony TVs for 2011 are also available on the BRAVIA NX720. 24 linear streaming TV channels and a comprehensive video-on-demand service should keep the most discerning viewer satisfied once they've run out of free-to-air digital TV and Blu-ray video.
The 55in and 46in models of the BRAVIA NX720 look like they will have a slight advantage over last year's NX710 in picture quality, thanks to the use of a dynamic LED edge-light which will allow the screen to dim depending on the content shown, extending contrast. The 40in model won't have this ability, though. Apart from this, the main difference from last year's TVs is the X-Reality Picture video processor, which should mean the new NX720 is a little more competent in displaying detail and up-scaling lower-than-Full HD video.
The 40in KDL-40NX720 will be in stores in April 2011. Both the other EX720 TVs — that's the 46in KDL-46NX720 and the 55in KDL-55NX720 — will be available in May 2011.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Z Flip review: Killer form-factor, lethal price-tag
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Xiro Drone Xplorer V by Rapoo review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung launches new Galaxy A smartphones in Australia
- Samsung upgrade their Australian tablet range
- Dell launches its Rugged range
- Sony launches three new 4K HDR Home Cinema Projectors
- HP launches Omen by HP Challenger Series Tournament
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Soundbars: Why they’re worth it and which one should you buy
- Buying a laptop this EOFY? Here's a cheat sheet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies