Sony BRAVIA KDL-46EX520 LED TV (preview)
Sony's top non-3D TV uses an edge-lit LED panel and can stream video from the Internet
- It's got all the streaming Internet features of the best Sony TVs
- No 3D, no dynamic LED backlighting, Wi-Fi is optional
We think the Sony BRAVIA EX520 will be a popular cheap LED TV. It doesn't have any superfluous 3D features or built-in Wi-Fi, so for anyone just looking for a simple Sony TV it'll hopefully be a good choice. We are impressed by the inclusion of Sony Internet TV and BRAVIA Internet Video.
The Sony BRAVIA EX520 replaces the BRAVIA EX500 series that was released in early 2010. It's got all the same features and will likely have similar picture quality — it's an edge-lit LED TV using similar technology to last year's model. It doesn't have any motion smoothing (Sony calls this Motionflow), but it still has a Full HD 1080p panel.
The Sony BRAVIA EX520 will have the same Sony Internet TV and BRAVIA Internet Video features as the BRAVIA HX820 and BRAVIA HX925 — Sony's most expensive and best BRAVIA TVs for this year. If you want to connect wirelessly, you will need to purchase a Sony-branded Wi-Fi dongle.
Sony touts an 'energy-saving Presence Sensor' among the BRAVIA EX520's list of features, so we're guessing low power consumption will be a hallmark of this model in the same way it was for the Sony BRAVIA WE5 in 2009.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Hisense Full HD TV and Refrigerator Top the List in 2017 ProductReview Awards
- Everything Samsung Just Announced At IFA 2017
- First Look: LG's Signature Range
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Report says Samsung's Tizen OS on smart TVs is a virtual playground for hackers
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Risk and Compliance StreamOther
- CCAdlib DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity Cleared Network EngineerACT
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- CCWeb PublisherACT
- FTHead of Quality AssuranceNSW
- FTSenior Application DeveloperOther
- FTSQL DeveloperACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCTeam Assistant/Executive Assistant - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Infrastructure Projects)Other
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperACT
- FTUX Researcher - ContractNSW
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- FTProject Manager/Business AnalystQLD
- FTCampaigns & Events ManagerOther
- FTICT TrainerOther
- FTPrincipal Architect/ConsultantOther
- FTChange ManagerSA
- FTContract Specialist - TelecomOther
- FTCyber Security Program ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Support TechnicianOther
- TPCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunitiesQLD