Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P150
- Great photos for the price range, feels solid
- A little lacking in features, poor software
For snap shooters who like big prints, the Sony is up to the task.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
Sony's DSCP150 has a powerful seven megapixel CCD. The high resolution may not give you better pictures if you usually print 5" x 7" or 4" x 6" prints, but it's a boon for making 8" x 10" or larger prints. The main drawback to 7 megapixel images is that you'll need higher-capacity media to hold the resulting larger files, and Sony's Memory Stick media costs significantly more than the SD or CompactFlash cards used by most other brands.
A cropped and enlarged shot of our test target had better reproduction of fine lines and text than those produced by most point-and-shoots we've tested, though it wasn't as sharp as the shots we took with more-expensive and more advanced 7 and 8 megapixel models. Test photos of a complex, outdoor cityscape and of an indoor still life looked beautifully detailed, with good colour and exposure accuracy.
For taking snapshots, the DSCP150 is a pleasure to use. It's exceptionally quick to start up, take shots and shut down. It has a solid, durable feel to it and a relatively simple menu system that is quick to roll through.
The cameras has more controls than most snap shooters need, but it lacks some controls that advanced photographers might want, such as white-balance calibration, bracketing, and semi-automatic modes. It does have a rudimentary full-manual exposure mode (you are limited to two aperture settings, which vary with the zoom you've selected), and a simple manual focus with a few stepped focus ranges.
The software accompanying the camera is pretty basic, so you'll want to expand your options with a good photo-editing package.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony’s New RX10 IV combines Fast AF and 24 FPS continuous shooting with 24-600mm F2.4-F4 Zoom Lens
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Panasonic Announces LUMIX DC-GH5 Firmware Update Service
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTUI Developer / Front-End DevloperQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Large System Transformation Project)Other
- FTMid Level .NET Developer (Full Stack, Back End focus) - C#Other
- FTSenior Project Manager - BI/DWOther
- CCSenior Java Developer - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- FTDigital Program Manager - Web & eCommerceOther
- FTeCommerce Integration Support DeveloperVIC
- FTBiztalk DeveloperSA
- FTSystem AdministratorOther
- TPSenior Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne or AdelaideACT
- FTeCommerce Integration Support DeveloperVIC
- FTWorkforce Planning AnalystOther
- FTIT Business AnalystOther
- FTProject Deployment EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Sales ManagerVIC
- FTJunior Business Intelligence Analyst - Power BIOther
- FTProject Manager - EDRMS ImplementationOther
- CCProgram / Project Support AnalystVIC
- FTAgile Scrum Master/Iteration Manager - Banking and InsuranceVIC
- FTTechnical Support - Level 1 - Minchinbury NSWOther
- FTChange ManagerQLD