Sony CINESCORE 1.0
- Robust features
- Very complex, Often a case of trial and error
Cinescore is impressive for a first attempt, and provides commercial videographers with high-quality licence-free scores, plus a level of control and customisation previously unavailable. But it can be frustrating to use, and would be far more effective as a plug-in for a video editing package rather than a standalone tool.
Price$ 329.00 (AUD)
Few video producers have the budget for a custom musical score, or the time/equipment/musical skill to create one themselves, so Sony has released Cinescore 1.0.
Like SmartSound's QuickTracks, Cinescore lets you pick a theme and automatically arranges musical elements - like the intro, verse, chorus, break and finale - to create a custom soundtrack that fits the length of your scene perfectly.
Twenty themes are provided, ranging from wide cinematic audioscapes to tight, punchy soundtracks (with a couple of cheesy numbers for good measure), and further theme packs are on the horizon. Cinescore also comes with a wide selection of audio transitions, too.
Unlike QuickTracks, Cinescore allows for a much greater level of adjustment after the initial track is built. As well as selecting the starting section, mood and arrangement, you can add markers called "Hints" to the timeline, which allow you to tweak Section, Mood, Tempo and Intensity at key points, with a high degree of control.
For instance, Intensity has a sliding percentile scale that lets you adjust how "layered" the music is, with higher values bringing in more instruments. This can be a gradual climb or descent using the Generate setting, or you can use the Linear or Hold switches to hit specific values - to suddenly shift from a 100 per cent, full orchestral movement down to a 15 per cent flute solo, for example.
Altering the Mood setting lets you switch variations for the theme, moving seamlessly between "Live Rhythm Section" and "Massive Party" in the Blizzard of Sparks theme, for example. This can be really useful if you've assigned audio motifs to separate characters and you want the music to shift as the camera switches between their actions.
The degree of customisation available in Cinescore is immense, and it's here that the software struggles with poor interface design. Built on the same front end as Sony Vegas, the customisation takes place in two dialogue boxes, rather than directly on the timeline. Progress is bogged down in trial and error - particularly as the percentage values don't always provide a useful indication of the change that will occur - and it's often impossible to make changes at the exact point you need - which explains why they're called "Hints". The absence of a preview button for transition selection is also an annoying oversight.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPService Delivery ManagerACT
- FTJava Developer (API Development)Other
- FTSenior Test AnalystACT
- FTBDM/Account Manager - TechnologyACT
- CCCyber AnalystVIC
- CCServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- TPBusiness Continuity Senior Associate/ IT AuditNSW
- CCWholesale Trading Solutions ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness Process Improvement AnalystNSW
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- TPTechnical WriterQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive ? Technology ConsultingQLD
- CCProject AnalystNSW
- FTIT Graduate / Junior Project AdministratorOther
- FTServiceNow Solution SpecialistOther
- FTField Service EngineerOther
- FTSolution Architect - API / SaaSOther
- TPInstructional DesignerNSW
- FTJunior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Internet Services Engineer - DevOpsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Merchant acquiringNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperQLD