Sony ACID Music Studio 6
- Ease of use, built in tutorials, 1700 included samples and loops, recording capabilities, CD burning capabilities, online authoring at ACIDplanet.com, VSTi and MIDI support.
- None to speak of
ACID Music Studio allows anyone, from amateur musicians, podcasters or professional audio producers to easily create great sounding audio tracks.
Price$ 169.00 (AUD)
Sony's ACID Music Studio is another great addition to the ACID software family, allowing users to create loops, record live instruments, master tracks and burn compositions. ACID users may range from novice to the professional audio producer, which gives some idea of the versatility of this software. With an easy to use interface, built in tutorials, an enormous loop archive and a complete set of production tools, Sony's ACID Music Studio is the definitive place to start your career in music production.
There have been many iterations of the ACID Music software, and the latest, ACID Music Studio provides the same functionality of previous versions as well as some handy new features. Some of the best features in this version include VSTi support, which allows users to run virtual instrument plugins, resulting in a variety of real-time effects. Another addition found in this version is the Show Me How tutorials. Show Me How tutorials provide interactive tutorials on the basic functionality of the program. Each of the interactive tutorials is short and to the point, enabling anyone to learn the foundations of loop based music within minutes.
The interface of Music Studio is presented in an easy to understand and helpful manner. On first look, users will notice the major elements of the program, which includes the timeline, trackview, mixer, explorer window, video preview window and track properties. These windows provide the fundamental controls for editing a track, and after a brief accustoming through the Show Me How interface tutorial, we were quickly on my way to producing some smooth sounding beats.
At first, we experimented with the included loops and samples package, found on the included Sound Series CD. These samples make up an archive of 1700 sounds providing all the drum beats, synths, instruments and other noises to keep most users happy. Once users become more comfortable with productions, there are an infinite amount of samples which can be taken from any other sound source. ACID Music Studio includes recording capabilities, allowing anyone to record segments of their favorite MP3's, Audio CDs, Vinyl or even live instruments. We soon became addicted to searching for the best beats to sample, digging through tons of records and CDs. An interesting side note is that after creating our own music, we started to listen to music we had heard previously in a totally different manner, listening for effects and production techniques and then trying to emulate the same sounds myself.
Live instrumentalists will also find this program attractive, turning any musician into a one-man band through multi-track recordings. By plugging in from your amplifier, or recording your instrument through a microphone, users can compose tracks and create digital additions in their songs. A built in metronome as well as the ability to play over a looping pre-recorded track ensures that timing can be kept, and if a take doesn't go to plan, users can always erase the recording or chop out the mistakes.
Another Music Studio feature is the ability to lay down a video file, or image and create a score using the scoring tools. Although not as precise and feature filled as Sony's Vegas Movie Studio, Music Studio users will be able to create a music clip with out much effort. Tools found in the tempo controls ensure that the video remains synchronized with the audio track and there are also some basic timeline cropping, shifting and trimming tools available.
Once you have created your tracks, users can then render tracks into a variety of formats or burn their project to CD from within the Music Studio package. Users who register their copy of ACID will be provided with an ACIDplanet.com account, giving users the ability to distribute their music through the ACIDplanet website to anyone online.
Sony ACID Music Studio is the audio production and loop based production package to have. It is an extremely versatile product, teaching users to create tracks from scratch as well as master their productions and finally distribute their creations. We were impressed with the ease of use and broad functionality, proving to be helpful for anyone looking to tap into their musical talent.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Latest News Articles
- Family Zone ready new cyber safety tool for parents
- Parallels Desktop 13 Launches
- NBN hooks up 6 million homes and businesses
- Goodbye Google Now, hello new feed that obsessively track your interests
- How to deal with “Windows 10 is no longer supported on this PC” error
PCW Evaluation Team
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
- Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- Review: Nikon D7500 DSLR Camera
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProgramme CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst, CX, TelcoNSW
- CCMS-SQL Designer and DB2 Designer - Two rolesVIC
- TPSAP Functional Consultant - Finance - Real Estate ManagementQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Software Support/Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTPA, IT EnvironmentNSW
- CCSAP ConsultantOther
- FTEconomic AnalystACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTTechnical Support Engineer - L1Other
- CCDigital Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Integration Developer - Cloud focusOther
- FTEvents Coordinator (Training & Engagement)Other
- TPBusiness analyst - Business Case approval**NSW
- CCSystems Engineer (Wintel) - Midrange L1 & L2ACT
- FTDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk analystOther
- FTCustomer Delivery Coordinator / Account ManagerOther
- CCProject Manager - Network Engineering & TelcoVIC
- TPDigital Operations Support AnalystNSW
- FTDelivery Support Specialist - Data CentreOther
- TPVMware Administrator (vRA)QLD
- FTProject Manager/Integration PMACT
- FTLean Six Sigma - Change ConsultantOther