Sony ACID Music Studio 6
- Ease of use, built in tutorials, 1700 included samples and loops, recording capabilities, CD burning capabilities, online authoring at ACIDplanet.com, VSTi and MIDI support.
- None to speak of
ACID Music Studio allows anyone, from amateur musicians, podcasters or professional audio producers to easily create great sounding audio tracks.
Price$ 169.00 (AUD)
Sony's ACID Music Studio is another great addition to the ACID software family, allowing users to create loops, record live instruments, master tracks and burn compositions. ACID users may range from novice to the professional audio producer, which gives some idea of the versatility of this software. With an easy to use interface, built in tutorials, an enormous loop archive and a complete set of production tools, Sony's ACID Music Studio is the definitive place to start your career in music production.
There have been many iterations of the ACID Music software, and the latest, ACID Music Studio provides the same functionality of previous versions as well as some handy new features. Some of the best features in this version include VSTi support, which allows users to run virtual instrument plugins, resulting in a variety of real-time effects. Another addition found in this version is the Show Me How tutorials. Show Me How tutorials provide interactive tutorials on the basic functionality of the program. Each of the interactive tutorials is short and to the point, enabling anyone to learn the foundations of loop based music within minutes.
The interface of Music Studio is presented in an easy to understand and helpful manner. On first look, users will notice the major elements of the program, which includes the timeline, trackview, mixer, explorer window, video preview window and track properties. These windows provide the fundamental controls for editing a track, and after a brief accustoming through the Show Me How interface tutorial, we were quickly on my way to producing some smooth sounding beats.
At first, we experimented with the included loops and samples package, found on the included Sound Series CD. These samples make up an archive of 1700 sounds providing all the drum beats, synths, instruments and other noises to keep most users happy. Once users become more comfortable with productions, there are an infinite amount of samples which can be taken from any other sound source. ACID Music Studio includes recording capabilities, allowing anyone to record segments of their favorite MP3's, Audio CDs, Vinyl or even live instruments. We soon became addicted to searching for the best beats to sample, digging through tons of records and CDs. An interesting side note is that after creating our own music, we started to listen to music we had heard previously in a totally different manner, listening for effects and production techniques and then trying to emulate the same sounds myself.
Live instrumentalists will also find this program attractive, turning any musician into a one-man band through multi-track recordings. By plugging in from your amplifier, or recording your instrument through a microphone, users can compose tracks and create digital additions in their songs. A built in metronome as well as the ability to play over a looping pre-recorded track ensures that timing can be kept, and if a take doesn't go to plan, users can always erase the recording or chop out the mistakes.
Another Music Studio feature is the ability to lay down a video file, or image and create a score using the scoring tools. Although not as precise and feature filled as Sony's Vegas Movie Studio, Music Studio users will be able to create a music clip with out much effort. Tools found in the tempo controls ensure that the video remains synchronized with the audio track and there are also some basic timeline cropping, shifting and trimming tools available.
Once you have created your tracks, users can then render tracks into a variety of formats or burn their project to CD from within the Music Studio package. Users who register their copy of ACID will be provided with an ACIDplanet.com account, giving users the ability to distribute their music through the ACIDplanet website to anyone online.
Sony ACID Music Studio is the audio production and loop based production package to have. It is an extremely versatile product, teaching users to create tracks from scratch as well as master their productions and finally distribute their creations. We were impressed with the ease of use and broad functionality, proving to be helpful for anyone looking to tap into their musical talent.
Join the newsletter!
Roam freely in the digital world. Critically acclaimed performance and security at your fingertips.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Digital ProducerOther
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- TPSharePoint AdministratorACT
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTJava Developer - AWS MicroservicesOther
- CCIncident ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Reporting Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTChange AnalystOther
- CCSharePoint DevelooperVIC
- FTFrontend Developer - Angular4/FirebaseNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other
- CCBack End DeveloperVIC
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectWA
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Project Manager - Risk & Financial CrimeNSW
- TPProject Manager - Learning SystemsQLD
- FTSenior Linux System AdministratorVIC
- FTDesktop Engineer (Windows 10)Other
- CCShort term - Junior PMACT
- FTApplication Support SpecialistQLD
- CCUI iOS & Android DeveloperVIC
- FTField ConsultantOther
- FTBusiness ConsultantOther