Soniq iM600K iPod dock
A cheap Soniq iPod dock with impressive sound quality
- Great audio quality, solid build, charges iPod and has a very nice price
- Attracts fingerprints, motorised dock could be a tad faster
If you’re in the market for an iPod dock and don’t want to spend a lot of money, then run out of your house flailing your arms excitedly and buy the Soniq iM600K. It’s got an line-in port for connecting non-Apple MP3 players and it delivers better audio than some pricier iPod docks.
Price$ 129.00 (AUD)
Soniq's iM600K iPod dock impressed us with its sound quality and low $129 price tag.
It looks somewhat like a fancy futuristic toaster, but the Soniq iM600K is actually rather easy on the eye. The iM600K has a black satin finish that looks nice, though it cops fingerprints like a crime scene so it’s probably a good idea to give it a wipe down every now and then. A brushed aluminium border around the bottom of the unit gives the otherwise very minimalist design some pizzazz.
Soniq has motorised the dock for the iPod so that it rises up from inside the device (slowly). A window with a mirrored finish sits in unit's centre and lets you to see your iPod or iPhone. You can navigate through music with the bundled remote control.
The iM600K might seem surprisingly big considering its lack of features; an alarm clock and an FM radio tuner, as well as the dock itself, are all that's on offer. The reason for the bulk is the integrated subwoofer and two very impressive speakers.
Audio quality was surprisingly pleasing; treble, bass and mid tones all have a good level of clarity and are able to expose fine detail in our test music. There is minimal distortion when volume is high, and when the bass booster is switched on it doesn’t muffle the audio (unlike the Philips DC350).
The unit will connect with any iPod that has dock connector; the iPhone is not officially supported but it worked perfectly during our tests. An auxiliary input at the back of the Soniq iM600K allows you to plug in any other MP3 player. (You won't be able to use the motorised dock, but you could always employ it as some kind of motorised wallet holder.)
We were thoroughly impressed with the Soniq iM600K. The motorised iPod cradle is somewhat gimmicky, but the iM600K is great for anyone with a digital music library who wants to keep their iPod charged. If you're in the market for an iPod dock then you should definitely check it out.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP EAM Functional AnalystQLD
- FTProject Manager - Office Re-locations APACOther
- CCPega Resources Required - Developers & ArchitectsACT
- FTFull Stack Developer - ASP.NETVIC
- TPProject Manager - Records ManagementVIC
- FTChange ManagerSA
- FTChange ManagerOther
- CCProcess Improvement Manager (Black Belt)NSW
- FTDesktop / SCCM EngineerOther
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Insurance domainVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Technical backgroundVIC
- FTManagement Consultant - ConsultancyOther
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- CCSecurity/ Penetration Test AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst, Business Efficiencies ProgramOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectACT
- CCSenior Project manager - Telecom IndustryVIC
- FTSenior Digital Producer/Digital Program ManagerOther
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Rail , Develop Strategy. Need RISI cardOther
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileVIC