- Intuitive interface
- Expert users will find the range of options rather limited
Moonfruit claims that over two million sites have been built using SiteMaker, and it’s easy to see why. The interface is intuitive and very pleasant to use. While expert users will find the range of options rather limited, despite the various widgets that are included in paid packages, this will not bother the vast majority of people who simply need to get a good-looking site online quickly. This is a recommended service for inexperienced designers.
Price$ 5.39 (AUD)
Moonfruit is an easy-to-use online website builder, with an option for a free service sponsored by advertising.
For those without much expertise in designing and hosting web sites, many ISPs offer a range of tools to create pages quickly and simply. Moonfruit SiteMaker is an elegant service that allows users to create their own site from $5.39 - or even for free if supported with adverts.
When creating a site, the first step is to select a template from the large variety on offer, add a default structure (for Contacts, About your site and so on) if required, and then select a sub-domain or full domain depending on the level of service that you are paying for. Once the basic structure is in place, Moonfruit software runs within the browser window.
The overall layout of Moonfruit SiteMaker is extremely stylish, resembling the Mac OS X interface and is thus extremely easy to use. There are two views, basic or advanced. The latter does not really add very much in terms of design elements for experienced users, but does provide easier access to some options such as admin tools and member groups.
A free-floating Design editor in Moonfruit SiteMaker allows you to make changes to the various objects in the page, such as CSS-controlled fonts and colours, images, or the logo for your page. Making changes is as easy as dragging and dropping objects into place, or you can double-click to edit items.
The various elements of the Moonfruit SiteMaker page are uploaded and organised via a File Manager, and images are automatically optimised for the web whilst being uploaded if required. As well as the basic tools, there are useful administrator options such as site statistics, while the People menu allows you to set up groups and add members. These are used to control who will have access to certain areas of your site.
Depending on how much you pay, you can create either one free Moonfruit SiteMaker site with 20MB storage or an unlimited number with 1.5GB (SiteMaker Max), while the standard package includes at least one free domain name and e-commerce tools. As you'd expect, bandwidth also increases with the more expensive packages, up to 60GB per month.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Windows 10 Insider build 16199 fills some holes in the Creators Update
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Java Developer - Contract till June 2018QLD
- FTSupport OfficerSA
- CCInfrastructure Test ManagerNSW
- FTOperations Manager - NV1 Cleared - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD
- TPSenior Web Developer/Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW
- CCSystems Analyst- Port MacquarieQLD
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTLead Software DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT Software & Primary HealthcareQLD
- FTSenior Analyst - Rostering ProjectNSW
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSoftware EngineerNSW
- CCXML DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCService DeskSA
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT