Siber Systems GoodSync Pro
Easy file syncing
- Works in a mixed-platform environment, easy to use
- Lack of documentation, contextual tool tips lacking for some controls
GoodSync is, well, good. If you want a simple and effective synchronisation program, you need look no further than the program — now at iteration 7.2.8.
Price$ 29.95 (AUD)
NOTE: The listed price for this product is in US dollars.
GoodSync from Siber Systems is one of the nicest-looking and easiest-to-use file- and folder-synchronisation programs we've seen.
Installation is a breeze; setting up and defining synchronisation jobs is almost as simple. For each job, you just browse to the requisite two folders, ask GoodSync to analyse the contents of each to make sure there are no incompatibilities, and — assuming all is well — give the green light and watch your folders sync.
If you are new to sync programs, the lack of documentation may initially seem daunting, but Siber helpfully provides detailed, pictorial walk-throughs on its Web site. That said, contextual tool tips would get you up to speed quicker, and are noticeably absent for some controls.
GoodSync Pro's tabbed interface is thoughtfully and logically laid out — you have a separate tab for each job. And the program has all the features you'd expect: bidirectional and unidirectional syncing, backup, file filtering, syncing of deletions and job scheduling.
Automatic scheduling of synchronisation is a cinch, and will add real value if you wish to use GoodSync for backing up. Being able to sync without thinking is a sure-fire way of avoiding a half-hearted backup regime.
GoodSync has one exceedingly useful feature you might not anticipate needing — the ability to tag a folder. This keeps you from inadvertently syncing to a like-named but different folder on a different drive if you set a job to run automatically when you insert removable media.
With Good Sync you can also synchronise files and folders across a network, but not to CD or DVD media. You can sync over FTP, too. And because it works freely over a network, you can use it in a mixed-platform environment — a file edit made on a Mac will still be in sync with the version the PC user sees.
Download the free trial of GoodSync and you can use it without restriction for up to 30 days, after which you're limited to only three jobs, and 100 files per job. The $US29 Pro version removes those limits. It also adds to the mix free upgrades, as well as web- and phone-based support.
One thing we really like about GoodSync: unlike with some other similar products there's no proprietary file format, which protects you against being up-sold at a later date.
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPAzure DevOps ConsultantNSW
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- CCSenior Internet Services Engineer - DevOpsNSW
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Business Case - Risk & Compliance - ContractNSW
- FTRigger TechniciansOther
- FTSolution Architect - Security/DigitalVIC
- FTMS Dynamics CRM DevelopersACT
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (Reporting) - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSystems Analyst / Consultant ? SAPQLD
- FTService Desk EngineerOther
- FTCobol DeveloperOther
- TPSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTTeam and Project Administrator - SalesforceQLD
- FTDisaster Recovery Technical Business AnalystOther
- FTAutomation TesterOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTTM1 Application Management AnalystOther
- CCJunior .Net Developer /Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - GIS DrupalNSW
- FTStrategic Sourcing ManagerOther