Sharpcast SugarSync File Syncing
- Supports both PCs and Macs, simple to set up and use
- No support for file revision history
It's not a free storage service, but the free trial means you can test it out and see if it's what you need.
Price$ 24.99 (AUD)
If you use multiple computers and mobile devices for creating and editing documents, it can be tough to keep different versions of your files in sync. A new service called SugarSync goes a long way toward curing those syncing headaches.
SugarSync is both a Web-based service and an application that you download; together, they provide a way for you to always have the most current version of a file, regardless of what computer you're using. You configure the downloadable application, called SugarSync Manager, to monitor certain folders on your PC. Files in those folders are then uploaded to your personal SugarSync Web page, which acts as an online storage repository, allowing you to access them from any Web browser.
SugarSync excels when you begin making changes to your documents. Any time you make a change to a file, the changes are automatically saved to the original version of the document on the computer on which it was created. Say, for example, you create a meeting agenda on your office PC. You later edit the document on your laptop at home and save it. SugarSync automatically saves those updates to your Web-based storage space, and also sends them to the original document on your office PC.
Unfortunately, SugarSync lacks a revision history of the synchronised files: Once you edit and save a file, only the newest copy is preserved.
Every device on which you install SugarSync also gets its own "Magic Briefcase" folder. Place a file in this folder, and the file appears in the Magic Briefcase on all your other devices running SugarSync.
Unlike many online storage services, SugarSync isn't free: Five plans are available, ranging from $25 per year for 10GB of storage to $250 for 250GB. (A 45-day free trial also is available.) It works on both Windows PCs and Macs, as well as on mobile phones with Web access.
(A nifty feature for camera phone users allows them to have any pictures taken with their phones sent directly to their PC.)
SugarSync provides a cost-effective and easy-to-use solution to manage files on several devices. Clearly, we've come a long way from the original Windows Briefcase and floppy disks for file synchronisation.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Data EngineerWA
- FTDrupal DeveloperACT
- CCWintel Team LeadWA
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTSERVICE DESK - ENTRY LEVELSA
- FTSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- CCJunior to Mid Level Tester - BankingQLD
- CCSCCM Deployment TechnicianACT
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerACT
- FTICT Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Wealth & AgileOther
- FTMid-level Drupal Developer - BrisbaneSA
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCLinux Infrastructure Engineer - Telco industryVIC
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- FTMS Dynamics CRM DeveloperACT
- CCJava Developer - BrisbaneWA
- FTInfrastructure Design Engineer, DC Power, CommunicationsOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support EngineerOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW