- Good connectivity options
- Low native resolution
The XR-20S is a good allrounder that offers bright and clear images. It's useful as a home theatre device or business presentation tool and has good connectivity options, which include the ability to connect highdefinition devices, although its native resolution is only 800x600.
Price$ 2,299.00 (AUD)
Sharp's entry in this review is a nonwidescreen projector with a native resolution of 800x600. It's based on DLP technology and is very bright and crisp and viewable in bright light conditions - perfect for boardroom presentations.
Calibration with DisplayMate showed the projector's ability to display light- and darkgrey colours on white and black backgrounds, respectively. Meanwhile, colours were not overly saturated and looked natural as we cycled through our test photographs. Because the resolution of the projector is 800x600, the individual dots that make up the screen are very visible when you sit close to the screen and some definition is lost on images that have fine details (such as feathers or frayed rope strands) or extreme contrasts (such as the edges of glowing lights on a black background). From a distance, the images look good. Like some of the other DLP projectors we have seen, the contrast was overbearing on this model, and we had to turn it down to get neutral colours.
For DVD watching, the unit has composite and S-Video connections, both of which do a good job of displaying movies in their letterbox format on the screen. It also has the ability to accept a component input via one of its 15-pin D-dub connectors (the same ones that are used to connect to your PC). Because its resolution is 800x600, however, it won't be able to display high-definition signals in their full glory, so signals above 576i will be scaled down.
Physically, the XR-20S looks good - it has curves and is quite portable. It has adjustable legs that help when positioning it and its lens is capable of zooming the screen 1.15 times.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Vivid Sydney 2012 gets some love from will.i.am
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Support OfficerOther
- FTHR Analyst - Remuneration & PerformanceOther
- FTService Desk Technical LeadNSW
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- CCDigital Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTWeb Developer - Drupal 7 or iApplyNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTProject Co-OrdinatorOther
- TPProject Director - Cloud - Qld HealthQLD
- FTScrum MasterOther
- TPLead Data Business AnalystQLD
- FTPython Developer - FinTech/TradingOther
- TPProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTBuild Support OfficerOther
- TPDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCJunior Website AdministratorACT
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTSenior Network ConsultantOther
- CCPricing AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTIT Security Assurance AnalystOther
- CCMobile Applications DeveloperQLD
- CCCommunications Business Analyst - LTE / 4G / 3GWA