- DVD recording, quick recording and dubbing
- Frustrating user interface and menu navigation, overpriced
The DVRW250X is marred by a confusing and irritating interface.
Price$ 879.00 (AUD)
The DVRW250X is perfectly capable when it comes to recording to and from both DVD and VHS. Recording TV to either medium, or dubbing titles between them, takes no more than the touch of a button. Default recording modes (four for DVD, two for VHS) are adjustable via the inbuilt menu system.
The rest of the recorder isn't as functional. The menu system is badly designed, with confusing sub-categories and a decided lack of advanced features and settings. There are several features missing from the menu system, including dubbing (which is only available via a button on the remote) and channel scans. This made the DVRW250X a frustratingly difficult device to operate.
The only video output available is SCART (the player comes with a SCART adapter for composite), and digital audio output is limited to coaxial. AV and S-Video inputs are available on the front of the device.
Its interface and menu system may be poorly implemented, but the DVRW250X's recording could not be faulted. At its price, however, we would expect more. Were it to cost less, or perform better, the Sharp DVRW250X might be a smart buy, but as it is, there are other products that come much more highly recommended.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 3 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 4 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 5 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Sony launches MUTEKI V90DW High Power Audio System
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Google eyes remote content controls for parents in YouTube Kids app
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Moto E4:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTICT Trainer- X2Other
- FTCustomer Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- FTSAP BW/BI DeveloperVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Transformation LeadOther
- FTAdministration SupportOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTOracle DeveloperVIC
- CCDesktop Support Engineer - Hunter Valley AreaNSW
- FTSenior Agile Digital Business Analyst - Immediate StartOther
- FTSenior Network Engineer - CCIEOther
- FTMEAN Stack DeveloperACT
- FTCRM DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FT2 x Python Developers - FinTech/TradingOther
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTData Governance and PMO Lead - DW/ BIOther
- CCScrum Master / Project ManagerNSW
- FTSCCM consultantVIC
- FTSenior DevOps Engineer | Leading SaaS Product CompanyOther
- FTSoftware DeveloperACT
- TPSenior Project Manager (CRIM)VIC
- FTLead Front End DeveloperOther