Serif WebPlus X2
- An easy to use drag-and-drop page design, RSS tool
- Some of the special effects aren't that great; lacks direct code editing
A lack of direct code editing features makes Serif WebPlus X2 unsuitable for professional site design – but there's enough here to keep most other users more than happy. Packed with features, brimming with extra resources and integrated with Serif's own Web services, it's a comprehensive and cost-effective choice.
Price$ 79.99 (AUD)
Serif WebPlus X2 is a feature-packed Web site-authoring tool that won't break your budget – but does it come up to scratch?
Serif has a long history of creative software development, building inclusive tools at budget prices. Serif WebPlus X2 is no exception, packed with extra resources, easy to use wizards and comprehensive documentation.
The generous templates and clipart are a Serif trait, but we were surprised at how functional the Serif WebPlus X2 Web-authoring package actually is. Serif WebPlus X2 is aimed at casual users, providing a drag-and-drop page design environment that doesn't require any coding experience whatsoever. In fact, Serif WebPlus X2 feels more like a desktop-publishing package than a Web-authoring application. There's no code produced until your site's published – and from our tests the results are clean and readable should you wish to make any manual edits.
There's enough in Serif WebPlus X2 to keep more demanding users happy too – like RSS tools that enable you to insert blog headlines and news feeds. Dynamic forms can be created with a couple of clicks and there are site-management tools too. These include full publishing features, traffic reports and improved search engine optimisation to make sure your pages appear within Google's search results.
For upgraders from previous versions of Serif WebPlus there are several new functions making their debuts. Extended media features includes YouTube clip, podcast and Flash-animated gallery support. All are menu driven, requiring nothing more complicated than typing in a link or two.
There are even dynamic data features, with database and forum connectivity, that use Serif-provided Web services. These are insertable as "Smart Objects" directly into your Serif WebPlus X2 pages.
Like many template driven, drag-and-drop design tools, the quality of your site is dependent in part on the quality of the resources provided. The Serif WebPlus X2 package boasts 30 "professionally produced" templates which, although varied in quality, are better than those that many similar tools provide. Some of the special effects, borders and clipart are all a bit "MySpace" for adult tastes, however.
Join the newsletter!
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Writer - Clinical ICT ProjectsOther
- CCIncident/Service ManagerNSW
- FTCloud Systems EngineerOther
- TPRemote Sensing OfficerACT
- FTSitecore Developer/ArchitectOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- CCUser Experience DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++QLD
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTProject Manager - Product & Value ChainOther
- FTNatural/ADABAS ProgrammerOther
- FTIT Support/ Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- CCData Quality ManagerNSW
- FTTibco DeveloperOther
- CCUnix System AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Multiple OpportunitiesQLD
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- FTProject Manager - Immediate startACT
- FTSCADA Project MaanagerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Office 365 Project)Other
- CCPHP Developer (Codeigniter / Cake)VIC
- FTAgile Business AnalystACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW