Serif WebPlus X2
- An easy to use drag-and-drop page design, RSS tool
- Some of the special effects aren't that great; lacks direct code editing
A lack of direct code editing features makes Serif WebPlus X2 unsuitable for professional site design – but there's enough here to keep most other users more than happy. Packed with features, brimming with extra resources and integrated with Serif's own Web services, it's a comprehensive and cost-effective choice.
Price$ 79.99 (AUD)
Serif WebPlus X2 is a feature-packed Web site-authoring tool that won't break your budget – but does it come up to scratch?
Serif has a long history of creative software development, building inclusive tools at budget prices. Serif WebPlus X2 is no exception, packed with extra resources, easy to use wizards and comprehensive documentation.
The generous templates and clipart are a Serif trait, but we were surprised at how functional the Serif WebPlus X2 Web-authoring package actually is. Serif WebPlus X2 is aimed at casual users, providing a drag-and-drop page design environment that doesn't require any coding experience whatsoever. In fact, Serif WebPlus X2 feels more like a desktop-publishing package than a Web-authoring application. There's no code produced until your site's published – and from our tests the results are clean and readable should you wish to make any manual edits.
There's enough in Serif WebPlus X2 to keep more demanding users happy too – like RSS tools that enable you to insert blog headlines and news feeds. Dynamic forms can be created with a couple of clicks and there are site-management tools too. These include full publishing features, traffic reports and improved search engine optimisation to make sure your pages appear within Google's search results.
For upgraders from previous versions of Serif WebPlus there are several new functions making their debuts. Extended media features includes YouTube clip, podcast and Flash-animated gallery support. All are menu driven, requiring nothing more complicated than typing in a link or two.
There are even dynamic data features, with database and forum connectivity, that use Serif-provided Web services. These are insertable as "Smart Objects" directly into your Serif WebPlus X2 pages.
Like many template driven, drag-and-drop design tools, the quality of your site is dependent in part on the quality of the resources provided. The Serif WebPlus X2 package boasts 30 "professionally produced" templates which, although varied in quality, are better than those that many similar tools provide. Some of the special effects, borders and clipart are all a bit "MySpace" for adult tastes, however.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Billions of devices at risk as Bluetooth-bourne vulnerability exposed
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTPortfolio Manager/ Process Methodology Manager.Other
- CCSAP Application SecurityNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCService Management AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support Engineer (Tibco, Java, J2ee, Jboss)Other
- FTDigital Producer | High Profile Website | 6 Month ContractOther
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP HR / PAYROLL SPECIALISTACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram / Project AnalystVIC
- TPLinux EngineerQLD
- FTSalesforce ArchitectOther
- FTSenior/Lead Front End DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - 3 Days/WeekOther
- FTTelco Core Network Support EngineerOther
- TPBusiness Program Manager - Digital TransformationNSW
- FTBusiness Process AnalystOther
- CCLinux / Devops EngineerNSW
- CCFeature Team Lead/Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCEnd to End User Experience DesignerACT
- FTeCommerce Integration Support DeveloperVIC