Serif PagePlus X2
- You can create PDFs, Vista support, a wide range of wizard aides
- It's not quite up to the InDesign standard
Vista support is reason enough for those with the OS installed to take advantage of the new interface features and PDF production, although the shift to professional-level support was apparent in PagePlus 11.0. PagePlus can't take on InDesign, but it's a strong competitor to Publisher.
Price$ 1.00 (AUD)
Serif's PagePlus has grown up over the past few years, moving away from its cheap and cheerful roots to provide a semi-professional alternative to products such as those offered by Adobe. Its real market is not the designers who will stay faithful to Quark XPress and InDesign, but rather the business professionals who want to produce slick-looking documents yet baulk at the cost of high-end applications.
The previous version of PagePlus introduced support for InDesign PDFs, which meant documents could be shared with professional design companies. New in PagePlus X2 is the ability to create PDF slideshows. While this is a much less important step forward than cross-Adobe support, it could prove useful for presentations.
PagePlus provides Vista support - important here for PDF publishing, as well as scalable previews of documents - and the intuitive interface has been improved. Dynamic sliding tabs hide elements such as fonts and the Media Bar, from which you can search and organise graphics. Other additions, such as the calendar and several new templates, are aimed at occasional DTP users. Meanwhile, ease of use is aided by the multitude of wizards that have always been a strong feature of PagePlus.
Some additions are polished and very welcome. The ability to easily modify drop shadows in documents via the Shadow Tool is extremely useful, as are the modifications to the text tools and the enhanced Trimmed Preview - which displays pages exactly as they will be printed. Adjustments to Sticky Guides, which allows the movement of page guides without shifting attached objects, is a small but useful improvement.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Billions of devices at risk as Bluetooth-bourne vulnerability exposed
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTNetwork Design EngineerOther
- CCDynamics CRM Business AnalystNSW
- FTINTEGRATION DEVELOPERSA
- FTBatch support specialistVIC
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- TPProgram Support OfficerQLD
- FTIT Security SpecialistACT
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTSenior Tester - HardwareOther
- FTSenior Security ConsultantNSW
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceSA
- CCNetwork Engineer - Cleveland BasedQLD
- FTWorkforce Planning AnalystOther
- CCTRIM Support OfficerACT
- CCProgram Manager - Telco O2AVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Technical / Team LeadOther
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- CCSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - InsuranceOther
- FTData DeveloperOther
- TPProgram Manager - Managed ServicesQLD