Sennheiser VMX 100
- Great voice quality, good volume, ease-of-use and pairing, 3D ball joint design
- A little large and inconspicuous
The VMX 100 combines excellent VoiceMax technology with a comfortable design to produce one of the best Bluetooth headsets on the market.
Price$ 229.95 (AUD)
The first Bluetooth headset featuring VoiceMax dual-microphone technology, Sennheiser's VMX 100 certainly packs in plenty of features. Its dual-microphone system -- one to emphasise your voice and the other to remove noise -- is the first of its kind, while it also boasts a 3D ball joint for extra comfort, and a talk time of up to five hours.
VoiceMax technology is the highlight of the VMX 100. Sennheiser claims the unit uses two microphones and advanced Digital Signal Processing (DSP) to distinguish between your voice and background noise. The technology then adjusts the amount of noise it removes according to the environment you are in. Although our caller's voice was extremely crisp and clear with notable volume levels, the VMX 100 doesn't completely eradicate background noise -- our callers still complained of minor instances in this regard. Despite this, the general quality of calls is superb, and is perhaps slightly better than the Z9.
Design wise, the VMX 100 is quite bulky. It has a large behind-the-ear piece and a convenient 3D ball joint; when folded open, this automatically turns on the unit. Despite the bulky size, it's fairly comfortable to wear, sitting neatly on top of your ear. The combination of black rubber and titanium-coloured plastic is a nice touch and looks business-like, while the controls are nearly laid out and are easy to access when worn. Our only complaint with the design is that the unit really stands out on your ear, and this may not suit everyone.
The VMX 100 is quite easy to use, with a call handling button and a volume button, the only two controls on the unit. Folding out the microphone boom automatically puts the unit into pairing mode and once paired, functions are simple and easy. Press the call handling button to answer a call, hold it to reject the ball, and press it again to end the call. Alternatively, you can simply close the microphone to end a call. You can also redial your last number by holding the call button for almost two seconds. Additional functions include activating voice dialling (provided this is supported by your phone), transferring a call from the headset to your phone and muting the microphone.
Sennheiser claims the VMX 100 has up to five hours of talk time and up to 100 hours standby. Conveniently, both a USB cable (for charging via a PC or notebook) and an AC adapter are included in the package. To top off the package, the VMX 100 comes with a two-year warranty.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Latest News Articles
- Google wants to solve the Android update problem once and for all with Project Treble
- Intel concerned about name of John McAfee’s privacy phone
- Low-cost Android phones to get iPhone features with new Qualcomm chips
- Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4 is coming in phones midyear
- Apple's next iPhones may cut corners on memory due to price squeeze
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- TPProject Manager - ProcurementQLD
- FTSalesforce Marketing ConsultantNSW
- FTAccount Manager - Technology SolutionsNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical WriterVIC
- CCAppian Developer x 2VIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - GROUP LIFE INSURANCENSW
- FTIntegration & Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnology Project ManagerNSW
- FTLAMP Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTOAM Specialist | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelVIC
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW