Sennheiser PXC 210 BT wireless headphones
These foldable wireless headphones have perfect Bluetooth sound quality
- Portable, can be used wired or wirelessly, great sound quality through Bluetooth
- Expensive, poor acoustic noise-cancellation
Sennheiser's PXC 210 BT wireless headphones provide great sound quality even when connected via Bluetooth, though they don't offer the active noise-cancellation of more expensive models.
Price$ 349.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser PXC 210 BT is a set of Bluetooth wireless headphones with integrated playback and volume buttons — allowing complete hands-free control of your music on your iPhone, iPod Touch or other Bluetooth-capable media player or phone.
The Sennheiser PXC 210 BT headphones look similar to the more expensive MM 450 Travel — they both use the same slightly bulging headband with foldable on-ear cups — but the PXC 210 BT lacks active noise-cancellation and an integrated microphone for taking hands-free telephone calls. As a result, however, the PXC 210 BT has a longer battery life of 12 hours. A wall charger is supplied but the headphones can also be charged via your computer's USB port.
We tested the Sennheiser PXC 210 BT headphones in a noisy office and while commuting, and found the fit to be almost spot-on. At 105g the headphones are almost twice as heavy as the MM 450 Travel, but this doesn't significantly affect comfort and we didn't notice any fatigue after continued listening. Sennheiser quotes the maximum range of the Bluetooth connection as being less than 10 metres but we found there were a few metres of leeway.
Sound quality is great when using Bluetooth: there's a pleasing amount of bass versatility from the small drivers, detailed mid-range and slightly recessed treble (which is nevertheless clean and clear). After loving the noise-cancellation of the MM 450 Travel we were slightly disappointed to find that the cheaper PXC 210 BT's passive noise-cancellation wasn't nearly as competent. If you work in a loud office or commute on a crowded train, you'll need to crank the volume to drown out external noise.
You pay a premium for the Sennheiser PXC 210 BT's Bluetooth connectivity and portability, but in our opinion they're worth the outline.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS TUF FX505 (Ryzen 7) review: Tolerable trade-offs
- 2 Oppo A5Xs review: Cutting corners
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Xiro Drone Xplorer V by Rapoo review
Latest News Articles
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Soundbars: Why they’re worth it and which one should you buy
- Buying a laptop this EOFY? Here's a cheat sheet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies