Shop safely with our award-winning security solution. Protect yourself this Black Friday and get the exclusive Black Friday discount for Bitdefender 2019!
Sennheiser PX 100
- Truly Portable, Includes a Plastic Carry Case for storage/travel, Above average sound quality, Comfortable for Long Periods of use, Perfect Length cord
- Silver metal strip doesn’t look fashionable, A little pricey compared to other options
The PX 100 are an excellent set of portable headphones that would be ideal to those who travel constantly and require a comfortable set of quality sounding headphones.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
The Sennheiser PX 100 is a portable set of over-the-ear headphones which fold up neatly into a convenient plastic carry case. The result is excellent sound reproduction which would suit those who are constantly on the move.
The PX 100 employs an over-the-head design with two small cushion-like pieces of black material attached to the frame for extra comfort support. An adjustable silver steel frame supported by lower black plastic where the earphones are attached to the base feels comfortable and lightweight, even throughout long periods of use. The silver/grey design at the front of their earphones complements the unit well. Overall, while the PX 100 isn't lacking in the looks department, we don't really like the thin metal strip which usually accompanies most over-the-ear headphones - it looks like something out of the 80s era, which isn't exactly fashionable nowadays.
When they aren't in use, the PX 100 fold up neatly into a small bundle and the supplied plastic carry case is a nice touch from Sennheiser. In addition to this, they can be easily slipped into a small shirt or jeans pocket which makes them truly portable and ideal for those who travel. We also really liked the cord - it's just the right length and feels very solid. Some other headphones we've seen offer cords that are either too long or too short and this is an annoying inconvenience. Thankfully, Sennheiser have got it spot on with the PX 100.
Despite their compactness, the PX 100 is an excellent sounding pair of headphones. During testing, we used them with an iPod nano and throughout they produced a fairly rich sound with detailed but not overly excessive treble. For some, especially those who like heavier music with a harsher tone, these may not be the best choice, but for tracks like A Perfect Circle's Three Libras the treble reproduced by the PX 100 was excellent. Bass was above average without being outstanding, but most users should be happy with the subtle bass effects that these headphones produce. We also noted that even at the highest volume setting on our iPod, we didn't experience any distortion.
The PX100 is a good choice for frequent travelers, but still want a pair of quality sounding, comfortable headphones. They are slightly more expensive than the outstanding KOSS KSC-75 though, so it would be best to shop around if you do seriously consider the PX 100.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Watch review: Brilliant but not quite a breakthrough
- 2 HP Omen 15 (2018): Full, in-depth review
- 3 HP Envy x360 13 (Ryzen): Full, in-depth review
- 4 Moto G6 review: A solid mid-tier effort with few compromises
- 5 Dell G5 review: Easy to live with
Latest News Articles
- Beats by Dr. Dre and Disney unveil headphone collaboration
- HyperX announce Cloud Earbuds
- Jaybird releases X4 and Jaybird Tarah Wireless Sport Headphones
- Audiofly launches wireless headphone range
- Razer launches Broadcaster headset
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
- Google Pixel 3 XL review: Ghost in the machine
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Apple iPhone XS review: Astonishment at a price
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies