Sennheiser PC 111
- Design, adjustable microphone, volume and on/off controls, shirt clip
- Long cord easily tangles, susceptible to background noise, some sound leakage
A stylish, over-the-ear VoIP headset, the PC 111 is a solid, if not outstanding product that should serve most users well.
Price$ 39.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser PC 111 is an over the ear Internet telephony headset that features an adjustable microphone, volume control and a compact design that can be worn on either ear, making it ideal for travellers.
The PC 111 works with any VoIP or instant messaging client including Skype, MSN and iChat and doesn't require any drivers to operate. It connects to your PC or Mac via a standard 3.5mm headphone and microphone jack. The only downside is that it becomes your computer's main audio source, much like it were a set of speakers. The benefit of this is that its use isn't just restricted to VoIP or messaging applications - although it isn't ideal for music or gaming as there is only a single earphone.
The PC 111 may be a basic device, but it's quite comfortable to wear. Our only complaint is that the cover's sponge material makes your ear quite hot, even during short listening sessions. Conveniently, the unit can be worn on either year by removing the ear clip, and re-attaching it the other way around. The microphone's plastic hinge glides smoothly, so it should adjust to fit anyone.
The microphone itself is loud and clear and a handy in-line volume control and on/off switch sweetens the deal. These controls can conveniently be clipped to your shirt and the three metre cable means you can sit well away from your PC or notebook and still be able to use the PC 111.
Sound quality is above average; calls using Skype were generally crisp and clear, while the microphone handled outgoing sound well. Keep in mind that the quality of any VoIP call depends on a number of factors out of your control, including the quality of your Internet connection. Overall, we preferred the in-ear PC 121, but this is a matter of personal opinion. Being an over the ear unit, the PC 111 is more susceptible to surrounding noise, while also leaking sound far easier.
Also included is a 2.5mm stereo jack, the same connection used on some mobile phones, meaning the PC 111 can be used for hands-free calling as well. We don't recommend this though, as the extra long cord will soon become tangled and cause some frustration. We'd advise to stick to Bluetooth or dedicated mobile phone headsets for hands-free mobile phone calls.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Netgear delivers industry first networking devices with remote management from anywhere in the world
- Synology announces slew of new hardware + software at Sydney event
- Linksys signs on as PAX AUS partner
- NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem Keeps You Online
- ASUSTOR and Seagate Technology Bring IronWolf Health Management to ASUSTOR NAS
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTRiggers / Telecommunication RiggersOther
- TPMicrosoft Cloud Infrastructure Solution ArchitectQLD
- TPTest Automation EngineerQLD
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX ? Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTNetwork and Systems EngineerWA
- CCWintel EngineerWA
- CCMid - Level SAP Test AnalystQLD
- FTPreSales / Offerings Solution Architect - BPS or BPONSW
- CCPortfolio / Relationship ManagerNSW
- CCIntegration AnalystVIC
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCAutomation Designer (Solutions Architect) - Robotics (RPA) - SydneyNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)Other
- CCService Delivery Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Test Analyst - GIS DrupalNSW
- CCLevel 1 Help DeskNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Manager|HRIS ProgramQLD
- FTFront End Developer l HTML5 , SCSS, Bootstrap, KnockOut, MVVPNSW
- FTSystem AnalystVIC
- CCDeployment ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Security EngineerOther
- CCAxway DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTDigital BA / Product Owner / 3 Month ContractOther
- FTSAP EMAOther