Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Sennheiser Adidas OMX 680i Sports earphones
Sennheiser and Adidas have collaborated to produce a quality pair of sports headphones
- In-line remote, iPhone compatible, durable design
- Can be difficult to insert earbuds
The partnership between Sennheiser and adidas has produced fitness-themed earphones that are built to last with good sound quality and iPhone/iPod support.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser Adidas OMX 680i Sports earphones provide reasonable quality sound at an affordable price. The earphones were designed for fitness enthusiasts, and are part of the range from the German dream team of Sennheiser and Adidas. The Sennheiser Adidas OMX 680i headphones feature clips that bend to fit around your ears, similar to the Sennheiser OMX 181. The bright yellow colour of the cable and earbuds will make you stand out in a crowd.
We really like Sennheiser's collaboration with Adidas, and think it has delivered a sports-friendly and sturdy product. The earphones are sweat- and water-resistant, and the cable is encased in Kevlar for greater strength and durability. One of the main features of the OMX 680i Sports earphones is an in-line remote that was designed especially for the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and Adidas' own miCoach. It is also compatible with iPods, and features a built-in microphone so you can answer phone calls. The unit has rubber buttons for volume and skipping tracks as well as a play/pause button.
The first time we put on the earphones, we were impressed with how light the headphones were — they only weigh 18 grams. However, we found that adjusting the clips and fitting the earbuds was a bit of a challenge initially. The earphones do get slightly uncomfortable after a couple of hours, but unless you're running a marathon this shouldn't be a huge problem. The sound quality of the earphones was generally acceptable: they have clear treble, but we wanted more power in the bass department. The headphones do not do a very good job of providing isolation from ambient noise, which might be annoying in loud outdoor settings. We tested the microphone on the in-line remote and encountered no problems with voice quality.
The OMX 680i Sports earphones from Sennheiser and Adidas are a solid option if you require a sturdy pair of headphones for outdoor use or exercise. They lose some points for lack of comfort and fiddly insertion, but overall they are well designed and produce reasonable sound.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- HP revamp Omen range with game streaming and hybrid keyboard
- Nura G2 Introduces Active Noise Cancelling
- Plantronics Announce Backbeat Go 600 Wireless Headphones
- HyperX target console-crowd with Cloud Stinger Core headset
- Computex 2018: ROG cover all the bases with new Delta gaming headset
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies