Sennheiser MX 500
- Volume control on cord
- Poor sound quality, lacking in bass, Uncomfortable
We can’t recommend these headphones. The sound quality is below average, they lack bass and they’re uncomfortable. A disappointing effort.
Price$ 44.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser MX 500 are designed as an ideal pair of ear buds for iPod owners who are looking to get rid of the poor quality stock offering; but they are definitely not recommended.
The MX 500's all-white design immediately gives it away. Sennheinser, like most other headphone manufacturer, are unquestionably trying to get a delicious piece of the large iPod pie - and who isn't? Their white plastic finish with silver chrome highlights means that these are ideal, at least in terms of looks, for the multitude of people who own the famous Apple player.
To say we were disappointed when we first placed these into our ears would be an understatement. They are quite large for a pair of ear buds, so those with small ears may be disadvantaged. If you're planning to listen to music with these headphones for more than about an hour, they become very uncomfortable and tend to easily slip out of your ear. Furthermore, Sennheiser hasn't included a slip on foam cover that some ear buds use. These tend to soften the hard plastic on your ear and make your listening experience a far more comfortable one.
In terms of features, the MX 500's are basic, although it was a nice touch to see a volume control on the cord. This is convenient, for example, when you are on a train or bus and you keep your music player in you bag or pocket. Be warned though that the cord is quite small; only one metre long. This is fine for those who like to keep their player close by, but for the rest of us, a short cord equals lots of hassle.
Sound quality is below average, which is disappointing from Sennheiser. If you like heavy bass then we'd advise to definitely look elsewhere. The bass response of these headphones are quite poor and even if they sit in your ear comfortably, bass isn't ideal. Overall, they sounded quite tinny, and any complex riffs sounded muffled and lost. We also noticed a little distortion at higher volume levels.
Included in the sales package is a convenient wind-up storage case, which is excellent for preventing cord tangling. It really is a nice touch and we'd like to see this in more units like these. At under $50, the MX 500 aren't overly expensive, but if you're looking for value for money, there are plenty of other options.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
- Jabra Evolve 75e brings earbud design, Active NC and ‘busylight’ to the workplace
- Jaybird go true wireless with new RUN earbuds
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Jabra upgrade their Elite Sport wireless earbuds
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTProcess AdministratorOther
- CCScrum Master / Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceQLD
- FTDigital Acquisition Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Project Manager - Mobile App, Website BuildOther
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior / Mid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSalesForce AdministratorOther
- FTSenior SAP Training LeadOther
- FTCRM Siebel DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperOther
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation)NSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer - hands on roleOther
- FTSenior Software DeveloperACT
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTSAP Integration ManagerOther
- FTScrum Master / Senior Business AnalystOther