Sennheiser MX 500
- Volume control on cord
- Poor sound quality, lacking in bass, Uncomfortable
We can’t recommend these headphones. The sound quality is below average, they lack bass and they’re uncomfortable. A disappointing effort.
Price$ 44.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser MX 500 are designed as an ideal pair of ear buds for iPod owners who are looking to get rid of the poor quality stock offering; but they are definitely not recommended.
The MX 500's all-white design immediately gives it away. Sennheinser, like most other headphone manufacturer, are unquestionably trying to get a delicious piece of the large iPod pie - and who isn't? Their white plastic finish with silver chrome highlights means that these are ideal, at least in terms of looks, for the multitude of people who own the famous Apple player.
To say we were disappointed when we first placed these into our ears would be an understatement. They are quite large for a pair of ear buds, so those with small ears may be disadvantaged. If you're planning to listen to music with these headphones for more than about an hour, they become very uncomfortable and tend to easily slip out of your ear. Furthermore, Sennheiser hasn't included a slip on foam cover that some ear buds use. These tend to soften the hard plastic on your ear and make your listening experience a far more comfortable one.
In terms of features, the MX 500's are basic, although it was a nice touch to see a volume control on the cord. This is convenient, for example, when you are on a train or bus and you keep your music player in you bag or pocket. Be warned though that the cord is quite small; only one metre long. This is fine for those who like to keep their player close by, but for the rest of us, a short cord equals lots of hassle.
Sound quality is below average, which is disappointing from Sennheiser. If you like heavy bass then we'd advise to definitely look elsewhere. The bass response of these headphones are quite poor and even if they sit in your ear comfortably, bass isn't ideal. Overall, they sounded quite tinny, and any complex riffs sounded muffled and lost. We also noticed a little distortion at higher volume levels.
Included in the sales package is a convenient wind-up storage case, which is excellent for preventing cord tangling. It really is a nice touch and we'd like to see this in more units like these. At under $50, the MX 500 aren't overly expensive, but if you're looking for value for money, there are plenty of other options.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Harman ANZ relaunches AKG into the consumer market with new range
- Plantronics Expands its Award-Winning BackBeat FIT Family
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review: a Nazi-stomping shooter that's more than the sum of its parts
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Field Services Telecommunication RiggerACT
- FTProcurement AdvisorACT
- FTApplication Packaging EngineerOther
- FTMaximo EngineerOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTFinancial Analyst- Construction backgroundOther
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTEngineer - Unix/LinuxOther
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- TPICT Strategic Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Strategy Specialist - Direct / ConsumerOther
- TPTest Automation EngineerQLD
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- CCDatabase Systems SpecialistNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Manager|HRIS ProgramQLD
- CCDigital Customer Marketing ExecutiveNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Business Case - Risk & Compliance - ContractNSW
- FTTM1 Application Management AnalystOther
- TPSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTSenior Pega DeveloperOther
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerQLD
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)NSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther