Sennheiser MX 471 earphones
Sennheiser's MX 471 headphones offer amazing audio and an amazing price tag!
- Adjustable earbud size, excellent audio quality, very fair price
- Small amount of sound leakage and background noise
The Sennheiser MX 471 headphones only cost $49.95 and come highly recommended. They offer great audio quality and a good design.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser MX 471 earbud headphones offer superb audio quality and comfort at an affordable price. Each set of ear buds comes with unique gold markings — no two pairs are the same.
The earbuds have been designed to accommodate users with smaller ear canals, such as many women. However, the MX 471 headphones come bundled with foam ear pads, as well as rubber ear sleeves, making the earbuds customisable and able to fit larger ear canals.
The headphones have a nifty cable slider to reduce slack and Sennheiser has also used a symmetrical braided-design cable, which is designed to reduce the chances of the cords tangling. It seemed to work well in our tests, and we didn't have to fiddle or untangle the earbuds from the main cord, which we had to do with Sennheiser's MX90 earbuds, for example. The Sennheiser MX 471's braided cable is better than a standard rubber cable at minimising rustle. We found the cable rustle of the Sennheiser MX 471 to be quite minimal, although it isn't as quiet as a fabric weaved cable, found on the Sennheiser HD 800's headphones.
We really noticed the size difference of the earbuds compared to larger models. The smaller size makes the MX 471 headphones very comfortable to wear, and they are extremely light.
The overall audio quality exceeded our expectations, especially considering the competitive $49.95 price tag. We tested with a variety of music genres and the results were pleasing across the board. The bass didn’t overpower the finer notes in any of the music we listened to, which ranged from hip-hop to rock; to be honest, we’ve never heard so much detail in Al Green’s ‘Let’s Stay Together’ before! Listening to Dangerdoom — a hip-hop duo with an eclectic soundscape — was a great test for the MX 471 headphones. While bass is an integral component of Dangerdoom's beats, there are also a lot of messy symbol samples and high hats that were not covered up by the booming bass. The little earbuds allowed the finer notes and details to slither on down through our ear canals with ease!
Despite the MX 471’s small stature, the overall power and sound quality of the headphones is quite phenomenal. Audio quality is crisp and clear, and the mid tones, treble and bass are balanced perfectly. Unfortunately, they don't block out all background noise; if you wear them on a noisy bus, for example, you might have to listen at a high volume level. But considering they are not designed to be noise-cancelling earphones this is acceptable. There is a small amount of noise leakage, too, but it's not pronounced enough to become a problem for anyone around you.
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed the Sennheiser MX 471 headphone experience, and at $49.95, we think you’ll be hard pressed to find earbuds with the same level of quality.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Harman ANZ relaunches AKG into the consumer market with new range
- Plantronics Expands its Award-Winning BackBeat FIT Family
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCyber Security Team LeadOther
- FTIntegration AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Account StrategistSA
- FTDevOps Engineer - Financial ServicesOther
- FTFinancial Manager - January StartACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Office 365 Project)Other
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)NSW
- CCIntegration DeveloperVIC
- FTCUSTOMER SUPPORT OPERATOR - NOC ENVIRONMENTSA
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTField ConsultantOther
- FTSAP FI Functional SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst / Application Support AnalystOther
- FTDigital Content ProducerOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst (Report Analyst)Other
- CCSenior Data governance consultantVIC
- CCTechnical LeadACT
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)WA
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTTM1 Application Management AnalystOther
- FTSenior Test Analyst (VIC)Other
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT