Sennheiser MX 471 earphones
Sennheiser's MX 471 headphones offer amazing audio and an amazing price tag!
- Adjustable earbud size, excellent audio quality, very fair price
- Small amount of sound leakage and background noise
The Sennheiser MX 471 headphones only cost $49.95 and come highly recommended. They offer great audio quality and a good design.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser MX 471 earbud headphones offer superb audio quality and comfort at an affordable price. Each set of ear buds comes with unique gold markings — no two pairs are the same.
The earbuds have been designed to accommodate users with smaller ear canals, such as many women. However, the MX 471 headphones come bundled with foam ear pads, as well as rubber ear sleeves, making the earbuds customisable and able to fit larger ear canals.
The headphones have a nifty cable slider to reduce slack and Sennheiser has also used a symmetrical braided-design cable, which is designed to reduce the chances of the cords tangling. It seemed to work well in our tests, and we didn't have to fiddle or untangle the earbuds from the main cord, which we had to do with Sennheiser's MX90 earbuds, for example. The Sennheiser MX 471's braided cable is better than a standard rubber cable at minimising rustle. We found the cable rustle of the Sennheiser MX 471 to be quite minimal, although it isn't as quiet as a fabric weaved cable, found on the Sennheiser HD 800's headphones.
We really noticed the size difference of the earbuds compared to larger models. The smaller size makes the MX 471 headphones very comfortable to wear, and they are extremely light.
The overall audio quality exceeded our expectations, especially considering the competitive $49.95 price tag. We tested with a variety of music genres and the results were pleasing across the board. The bass didn’t overpower the finer notes in any of the music we listened to, which ranged from hip-hop to rock; to be honest, we’ve never heard so much detail in Al Green’s ‘Let’s Stay Together’ before! Listening to Dangerdoom — a hip-hop duo with an eclectic soundscape — was a great test for the MX 471 headphones. While bass is an integral component of Dangerdoom's beats, there are also a lot of messy symbol samples and high hats that were not covered up by the booming bass. The little earbuds allowed the finer notes and details to slither on down through our ear canals with ease!
Despite the MX 471’s small stature, the overall power and sound quality of the headphones is quite phenomenal. Audio quality is crisp and clear, and the mid tones, treble and bass are balanced perfectly. Unfortunately, they don't block out all background noise; if you wear them on a noisy bus, for example, you might have to listen at a high volume level. But considering they are not designed to be noise-cancelling earphones this is acceptable. There is a small amount of noise leakage, too, but it's not pronounced enough to become a problem for anyone around you.
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed the Sennheiser MX 471 headphone experience, and at $49.95, we think you’ll be hard pressed to find earbuds with the same level of quality.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Google finally bring the Pixel Buds to Australia
- Bose announce local availability and pricing for SoundSport Free true wireless earbuds
- Jabra confirm ANZ pricing and availability for Evolve 75e headphones
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By HyperX
- CES 2018: HyperX announces Wireless Cloud Flight Headset and RGB range
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Support and Implementation OfficerQLD
- CCLevel 1 / 2 Desktop Support - BrisbaneVIC
- FTUX/UI DesignerQLD
- CCIT Security Manager - OperationsNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Supply ChainOther
- TPNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTHelp desk Support AnalystOther
- CCSenior Solution Architect - Brisbane locationNSW
- FTSAP Ariba Project ManagerOther
- FTInternal Recruiter - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTProject Manager, Strategic Asset ManagementOther
- TPLead Engineer - .Net / XamarinQLD
- TPSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTDatabase Designer and AdministratorOther
- CCDigital ArchitectQLD
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTApplications Solution ArchitectOther
- FTBig Data EngineerOther
- TPEnterprise Architect | Services | QLD Health | $1173/dayQLD
- FTProject Manager - SAP Asset ManagementOther
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical BA/Scrum MasterOther
- FT.NET Integration Lead Developer - Australian Citizens onlyOther