Sennheiser MM 100 headset
Sennheiser's lightweight Bluetooth headset/wireless headphones
- Light, comfortable, firm fit, good sound quality
- Open ear-cups leak noise badly, poor charge-to-play-time ratio
For runners, gym junkies and other active types, the Sennheiser MM 100 headset offers good sound quality and the convenience of cordless headphones, with the added benefit of full support for taking mobile phone calls with a simple button press.
Price$ 299.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser MM 100 headset is light, comfortable and wireless, making it a good choice for people who are constantly on the move.
Bringing back memories of Sony's 'Street Style' headphones, the Sennheiser MM 100 headset is an on-the-ear, wrap-around model. This style is well suited to active users — it secures well against the ears without excessive clamping, with the added bonus of open ear-cups to let in ambient sound (which is important if you're running through traffic-heavy streets, for example). It also helps that the headset weighs just 54g; you can feel it sitting on your head but there are no comfort issues if you're wearing it for a long period.
Unlike the button-heavy sides of the Sennheiser MM 450 Travel headset, the MM 100 headset has all its buttons on the right — a general purpose play/power button, skip and review buttons as well as a volume control. The play button also answers and ends phone calls, so you can store your Bluetooth-enabled mobile safely in your bag or pocket. We still can't get used to talking to a pair of headphones, but it's nonetheless a nifty feature.
Sound quality from the MM 100 headset remains consistent even when cranked up to high volumes. There's a reasonable amount of upper bass that fits in well with the warm mid-range and relatively detailed treble, making for an aural signature that's heavy and musical. We would have liked a little more clarity in the higher registers — at times music can sound slightly muffled. Our main annoyance is the fact that the ear-cups leak noise badly at anything higher than moderate volume levels; these are not the headphones for a workplace or a crowded bus, unless you want everyone else to hear your music.
Being a lightweight Bluetooth headset, we didn't expect spectacular battery life given — but 7.5 hours is impressive. Less thrilling is the long wait between listening sessions; the battery takes 2.5 hours to reach a full charge.
Coming with the slightly-higher-than-reasonable Sennheiser price tag, the MM 100 is nonetheless a competent headset for active users.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectVIC
- TPAutomation EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Salesforce DeveloperOther
- FTTIBCO Integration SpecialistOther
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)QLD
- FTCyber Security Program ManagerNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTClass Super - Application Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- TPDigital StategistACT
- FTSQL DeveloperACT
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Network & InfrastructureNSW
- TPProject Scheduler/CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication ArchitectOther
- FTCyber Security- ManagerSA
- FTFinance Business PartnerOther
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Change ManagerOther
- FTChange Analyst, Transformation, SAPOther
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistNSW
- TPPrincipal Data AnalystQLD
- FTProblem Engineer - J2EE - TelcoVIC
- FTICT Cloud Transformation Program Coordinator - SAPOther
- TPSupport Java RoleNSW