Sometimes an excellent operating system can be made even better
Guessin' and drawin'
- Variety of multiplayer modes
Overall, PictoImage is a very simple game, but nothing special or too innovative. The sound and gameplay are both very repetitive and met with standard-fare graphics that just get the job done. If you're enough of a Pictionary enthusiast, then it might be worth saving yourself the trouble of purchasing this game and just picking up the real thing.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
PictoImage is pretty much a game of guessing. A random image is drawn from the 300 picture database, and it is your job to figure out what it is. You have the choice of using the keyboard tab and punching in the letters, or drawing them on the touch screen. The negative side of the drawing feature is that it does not always recognise your writing and you may have to use the backspace button quite a few times. The most frustrating part of Pictoimage is that if you cannot guess the object, you cannot move on to another picture. Your stuck until you figure out what the image is, which can be a long time when you're stumped.
Not good at drawing? Then try PictoImage's Practice mode, which teaches you the basis of drawing the item you've chosen by giving gives step-by-step instructions on how to draw it. With four main categories (animal, object, food, and other), it's all up to you on what you learn to draw.
Once you've mastered your technique, you can show off your work using the game's Picture Gallery. It's like having a digital sketch book: just draw and save, then show them off to your friends.
The best part of the game is the Overall, PictoImage is a very simple game, but nothing special or too innovative. The sound and gameplay are both very repetitive and met with standard-fare graphics that just get the job done. If you're enough of a Pictionary enthusiast, then it might be worth saving yourself the trouble of purchasing this game and just picking up the real thing., which includes:
- Picture Pass - In this mode, a subject is passed from player to player in the form of an image. The last player then has to guess the subject based on everyone else's drawings.
- Classic Play - One person draws and everyone tries to guess.
- Team Play - Players team up in pairs and have a draw off.
- Picture Race - Work together with the other players to help Penzel reach the goal.
- Grade Play - Answer the fastest to climb up the ranks.
Some modes also allow the player to use their own custom libraries, allowing you to use your own list of words to use to play against other artists.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- HP revamp Omen range with game streaming and hybrid keyboard
- Nerial release update to Reigns: Her Majesty
- City of Brass update adds new playable characters
- State of Mind set to hit console and PC in August
- In Pictures: Gfinity Elite Series Australia Season 1 Grand Finals
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies