Guessin' and drawin'
- Variety of multiplayer modes
Overall, PictoImage is a very simple game, but nothing special or too innovative. The sound and gameplay are both very repetitive and met with standard-fare graphics that just get the job done. If you're enough of a Pictionary enthusiast, then it might be worth saving yourself the trouble of purchasing this game and just picking up the real thing.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
PictoImage is pretty much a game of guessing. A random image is drawn from the 300 picture database, and it is your job to figure out what it is. You have the choice of using the keyboard tab and punching in the letters, or drawing them on the touch screen. The negative side of the drawing feature is that it does not always recognise your writing and you may have to use the backspace button quite a few times. The most frustrating part of Pictoimage is that if you cannot guess the object, you cannot move on to another picture. Your stuck until you figure out what the image is, which can be a long time when you're stumped.
Not good at drawing? Then try PictoImage's Practice mode, which teaches you the basis of drawing the item you've chosen by giving gives step-by-step instructions on how to draw it. With four main categories (animal, object, food, and other), it's all up to you on what you learn to draw.
Once you've mastered your technique, you can show off your work using the game's Picture Gallery. It's like having a digital sketch book: just draw and save, then show them off to your friends.
The best part of the game is the Overall, PictoImage is a very simple game, but nothing special or too innovative. The sound and gameplay are both very repetitive and met with standard-fare graphics that just get the job done. If you're enough of a Pictionary enthusiast, then it might be worth saving yourself the trouble of purchasing this game and just picking up the real thing., which includes:
- Picture Pass - In this mode, a subject is passed from player to player in the form of an image. The last player then has to guess the subject based on everyone else's drawings.
- Classic Play - One person draws and everyone tries to guess.
- Team Play - Players team up in pairs and have a draw off.
- Picture Race - Work together with the other players to help Penzel reach the goal.
- Grade Play - Answer the fastest to climb up the ranks.
Some modes also allow the player to use their own custom libraries, allowing you to use your own list of words to use to play against other artists.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Miofive 4K Dash Cam review: This friendly road watcher is ‘here for you!’
- 2 Dell U3223QE review: A winning debut for an IPS Black monitor
- 3 Asus TUF Gaming VG28UQL1A review: This 4K monitor plays nice with consoles
- 4 Firewalla Gold review: Powerful home network security in a tiny box
- 5 Acer Aspire 5 review: An affordable laptop that’s enjoyable to use
Latest News Articles
- This real-life “aimbot” uses a physical mouse to cheat at shooting games
- Bethesda’s classic Elder Scrolls games arrive on Steam—for free
- We tested 22 different RPGs on the Steam Deck
- Steam Deck’s first major update adds a lock screen, Windows 11 support
- Sony is getting serious about bringing more PlayStation games to the PC
PCW Evaluation Team
Set up is effortless.
The strength of the Aruba Instant On AP11D is that the design and feature set support the modern, flexible, and mobile way of working.
Aruba backs the AP11D up with a two-year warranty and 24/7 phone support.
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
- Top 10 best Android and Apple phones for under $600
- 25 Essential Party Games On PC And Console To Play With Family And Friends
- Mesh Wi-Fi vs Traditional Routers: Which is better?
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies