Be realistic: you're not going to check every program you have to see if it's the latest version. Secunia PSI can do it for you.
- Nothing of note
Secunia PSI won't do away with the need to run a good antivirus program and firewall on your PC. But it provides a solid layer of free protection that no PC should do without.
One of the best ways to protect your PC is to keep all your software up-to-date. Patching over security holes blocks online attackers who like nothing more than exploiting old software flaws to surreptitiously install Trojans and other malware.
The free Secunia PSI (Personal Software Inspector) makes it easy to find and fix old programs - even those that lack automatic update features - on your PC. Secunia PSI scans your computer to find out what versions of what software you have installed, and it reports on which might contain known security holes.
But the excellent app doesn't stop there. Secunia PSI also provides clickable links to download available patches or program updates, which makes updating most software a snap. Other helpful icons can open the program's folder, bring up online references for any security advisories, and perform other useful tasks.
Less technical users can opt for a simple interface mode that lists only easy-to-patch software. But it's worth trying the advanced interface, which displays a wealth of information about your installed software. The latest version includes a handy "Secure Browsing" tab that reports not only on your browser version(s), but also on any plugins, ActiveX controls, Firefox add-ons and other extras.
By default, Secunia PSI will start with Windows and report on new software or newly discovered security holes. Gamers and anyone else who wants to conserve system resources can turn off those options using the settings tab in the advanced mode, and instead run manual scans.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Apple iPhone X
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Man charged in Yahoo hacking case to plead guilty
- Uber confirms massive 2016 data breach
- D-Link Adds Android Support and Launches Updated App for Omna 180 Cam HD
- Monitoring the home has become more flexible with Uniden’s App Cam Solo
- ESET works with Google to halt dangerous malware
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSoftware Developer (Ruby on Rails)NSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .NET Developer - Back EndOther
- FTData Quality Assurance LeadOther
- CCTechnical Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- FTICT Procurement ManagerOther
- FTSolution Architect - infrastructureACT
- FTDisaster Recovery Technical Business AnalystOther
- CCTechnical Support OfficerNSW
- FTCyber Security Governance SpecialistOther
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- CCSenior MySQL Database Administrator - SydneyQLD
- CC.net developerNSW
- FTFrontEnd Angular DeveloperOther
- FTDeployment TechnicianVIC
- CCBusiness Systems Analyst (Expression of Interest)QLD
- CCAxway DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution Architect - CloudOther
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior PM - Skype for BusinessOther
- CCSenior Project Manager x 2 (Infrastructure)NSW
- FTService Desk/Technical Support - Windows OS & MS Office SuiteOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPC++ DeveloperNSW