Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Net external hard drive
Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Net: Dual-Drive Dock With USB and Social Media Ties
- Easy to set up, twin dock for Seagate's portable GoFlex drives
- Only one USB port for additional drives
Seagate's FreeAgent GoFlex Net external hard drive lets you access files anywhere and share them via social networks and the Web.
Price$ 159.00 (AUD)
Seagate's FreeAgent GoFlex Net gives you supereasy access to your files from any Internet connection, along with the ability to share them with others.
The GoFlex Net has two 2.5-inch SATA hard drive bays (designed to accommodate the Seagate GoFlex portable hard drive) and a single USB 2.0 port for attaching USB drives. Seagate sells GoFlex drives that fit snugly into the dock, but the connectors inside are standard SATA and I successfully connected several non-Seagate drives to the ports. In fact, you should be able to use any 2.5-inch SATA drive that has separate data and power connectors, though you might have to remove it from its case first.
Setting up the GoFlex Net's is very simple. Plug the unit into the wall and into the router, go online to Pogoplug.com, create an account or sign in to an existing one, and select Activate New Device. Previously, users had to enter a serial number found on the bottom of their Pogoplug-technology product, but now (in most cases) the devices appear automatically.
The Pogoplug online portal lets you copy, delete, download, and upload files--basically, anything that you can do with your files at home. There's even an online viewer for perusing images, Microsoft Office files, and other content without having to fire up a local application--handy in Internet cafes that offer only browsing. Seagate includes software for file syncing, too. And the GoFlex Net works with social networking services and portable devices like the iPhone and the iPad. Pogoplug doesn't support local network administration or access, as the Ctera Networks CloudPlug and the Iomega iConnect Wireless Data Station do, but it allows you to share files online more easily than with CloudPlug.
Many users will appreciate being able to plug SATA drives directly into a Pogo-enabled dock. My only complaint is it has only one USB port, though you can work around that (as I did) with a powered USB hub.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
- ASUSTOR Announces Official Launch of ADM 3.0
- Seagate Launces DJI Fly Drive in Australia and New Zealand for Drone Users
- New development for Western Digital
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTApplication Security AnalystOther
- FTTM1 DeveloperOther
- FTIT ManagerOther
- TPPenetration TesterQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceACT
- CCPortfolio ManagerNSW
- FTWindows EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Network SecurityOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Go to Market programVIC
- FTeCommerce Integration Support DeveloperVIC
- FTFront End DesignerOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - Government OrganizationVIC
- FTIT Security AnalystOther
- TP.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount ManagerOther
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTJunior .NET DeveloperOther
- FTProject Coordinator - Heavy Vehicle Regulation & LegislationOther
- FTCRM Siebel DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW