Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Net external hard drive
Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Net: Dual-Drive Dock With USB and Social Media Ties
- Easy to set up, twin dock for Seagate's portable GoFlex drives
- Only one USB port for additional drives
Seagate's FreeAgent GoFlex Net external hard drive lets you access files anywhere and share them via social networks and the Web.
Price$ 159.00 (AUD)
Seagate's FreeAgent GoFlex Net gives you supereasy access to your files from any Internet connection, along with the ability to share them with others.
The GoFlex Net has two 2.5-inch SATA hard drive bays (designed to accommodate the Seagate GoFlex portable hard drive) and a single USB 2.0 port for attaching USB drives. Seagate sells GoFlex drives that fit snugly into the dock, but the connectors inside are standard SATA and I successfully connected several non-Seagate drives to the ports. In fact, you should be able to use any 2.5-inch SATA drive that has separate data and power connectors, though you might have to remove it from its case first.
Setting up the GoFlex Net's is very simple. Plug the unit into the wall and into the router, go online to Pogoplug.com, create an account or sign in to an existing one, and select Activate New Device. Previously, users had to enter a serial number found on the bottom of their Pogoplug-technology product, but now (in most cases) the devices appear automatically.
The Pogoplug online portal lets you copy, delete, download, and upload files--basically, anything that you can do with your files at home. There's even an online viewer for perusing images, Microsoft Office files, and other content without having to fire up a local application--handy in Internet cafes that offer only browsing. Seagate includes software for file syncing, too. And the GoFlex Net works with social networking services and portable devices like the iPhone and the iPad. Pogoplug doesn't support local network administration or access, as the Ctera Networks CloudPlug and the Iomega iConnect Wireless Data Station do, but it allows you to share files online more easily than with CloudPlug.
Many users will appreciate being able to plug SATA drives directly into a Pogo-enabled dock. My only complaint is it has only one USB port, though you can work around that (as I did) with a powered USB hub.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Razer Naga Trinity review: The last best MMO gaming mouse
- 2 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 3 Google Pixel 5 Review: Soft Reboot
- 4 Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Z Flip review: Killer form-factor, lethal price-tag
Latest News Articles
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Google Pixel 5 Review: Soft Reboot
- How the Xbox Series X (and xCloud) saved me from buying a gaming PC
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies