Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB
- Extremely fast transfer rates, largest storage size on the market
- A little expensive compared to other per-gigabyte prices.
If you want high-capacity storage that wont break the bank and perform impeccibly, this drive is your best bet.
Price$ 980.00 (AUD)
Seagate's Barracuda 7200.10 750GB drive, the largest hard drive to date, sets new standards for capacity, price, and performance. Its speed was especially notable on the PC World Test Center's write tests, where it came within a hair's breadth of matching Western Digital's swift 10,000-rpm Raptor X.
The Barracuda 7200.10 drive that our test centre evaluated has 16MB of cache and supports SATA-150 by default, out of the box. We tested it using SATA-300, which required a jumper-setting change.
In our performance tests, the Barracuda 7200.10 750GB excelled across the spectrum. Among the bevy of 7200-rpm drives we've tested, it ranked first; and overall, it was bested only by the 10,000-rpm Raptor X. On our write tests, the new Seagate drive took just 2 minutes, 16 seconds to write a 3.06GB file of folders (a scant 2 seconds slower than the Raptor X), and 1 minute, 39 seconds to write a 3.06GB .zip file (a mark 3 seconds better than the Raptor X's).
On a cost-per-gigabyte basis, your wallet won't take a huge hit, either: The SATA version of this drive will debut at $980, which works out to $1.31 per gigabyte. That's higher than the average cost of 7200-rpm drives, but it's below the usual cost per gigabyte paradigm we've seen in recent years when a new drive hits the market.
The Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB combines voluminous storage and high-end performance in a single drive. If you want high-capacity storage, this drive is your best bet.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
- ASUSTOR Announces Official Launch of ADM 3.0
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTSystems AnalystACT
- CCFull-Stack DeveloperVIC
- FTProject SchedulersSA
- FTBI / ETL DeveloperWA
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerOther
- CCSenior PMO ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Mobility / UXWA
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSupport Specialist MQ and ESB AdministrationNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Project ManagerOther
- CCContent WriterNSW
- FTService Desk Level 2 Support ConsultantOther
- CCFinance AnalystVIC
- FT.NET Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork Engineer - Firewalls (Juniper )Other
- CCDevOps Developer (Chef/IAF/Linux)QLD
- FTJunior iOS DeveloperWA
- FTProcess AdministratorOther
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- CCXamarin Mobile Developer - East MelbourneNSW
- CCProject Delivery CoordinatorQLD
- TP.Net DeveloperWA