Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB
- Extremely fast transfer rates, largest storage size on the market
- A little expensive compared to other per-gigabyte prices.
If you want high-capacity storage that wont break the bank and perform impeccibly, this drive is your best bet.
Price$ 980.00 (AUD)
Seagate's Barracuda 7200.10 750GB drive, the largest hard drive to date, sets new standards for capacity, price, and performance. Its speed was especially notable on the PC World Test Center's write tests, where it came within a hair's breadth of matching Western Digital's swift 10,000-rpm Raptor X.
The Barracuda 7200.10 drive that our test centre evaluated has 16MB of cache and supports SATA-150 by default, out of the box. We tested it using SATA-300, which required a jumper-setting change.
In our performance tests, the Barracuda 7200.10 750GB excelled across the spectrum. Among the bevy of 7200-rpm drives we've tested, it ranked first; and overall, it was bested only by the 10,000-rpm Raptor X. On our write tests, the new Seagate drive took just 2 minutes, 16 seconds to write a 3.06GB file of folders (a scant 2 seconds slower than the Raptor X), and 1 minute, 39 seconds to write a 3.06GB .zip file (a mark 3 seconds better than the Raptor X's).
On a cost-per-gigabyte basis, your wallet won't take a huge hit, either: The SATA version of this drive will debut at $980, which works out to $1.31 per gigabyte. That's higher than the average cost of 7200-rpm drives, but it's below the usual cost per gigabyte paradigm we've seen in recent years when a new drive hits the market.
The Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB combines voluminous storage and high-end performance in a single drive. If you want high-capacity storage, this drive is your best bet.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Latest News Articles
- New development for Western Digital
- Intel's Core i9 and X299 enable crazy RAID configurations for a price
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
PCW Evaluation Team
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
- Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- GAMOSPHERE: Your August Roundup of Gaming News
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Application DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - Oracle Financials - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTFull Stack . NET DeveloperNSW
- TPRelease ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- TPEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTPerformance Test LeadOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - AgileQLD
- FTApplications SupportOther
- FTProject Support/Personal Assistant | 6mth ContractOther
- FTProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPAutomation Test AnalystQLD
- TPDatabase Systems Analyst - Microsoft AccessNSW
- FTNetIQ Access Manager SpecialistOther
- FTLotus Notes Developer X 3Other
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL) Midrange L3ACT
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane)NSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCJava Team LeaderQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - DETQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW