SCEA PixelJunk Eden
You'll be in paradise with PixelJunk Eden!
- Stylish visuals, addicting high-score gameplay, three-player cooperative mode
- Repetitive gameplay, later levels are extremely challenging
It can't top the cream of the current crop of downloadable PSN games like Super Stardust HD, PixelJunk Monsters, and Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection Online, but it certainly holds its weight if you're looking to kill a few hours on a lazy Sunday.
Price$ 12.95 (AUD)
Got ten bucks lying around? Own a PS3? Looking for a great game to occupy your time? Then we have just the thing for you: read on for our review of PixelJunk Eden, a fantastic game available only on the Playstation Network!
Available for a mere ten bucks on the PlayStation Network, Pixel Junk Eden is a welcome addition to the PS3's growing library of exclusive downloadable games. It's as easy to pick up and play as the original Mario, but offers enough depth and strategy for the high-score junkies to appreciate. What's most unfortunate, however, is that the game's initial charm, which so easily captivated me, dies off rather quickly.
That's too bad because Eden is a completely original and creative title that had a lot of potential. You play as a tiny elephant-spider with the ability to spin a silk line that you can use to latch onto flower petals. With your spider-like powers, you must defeat Pollen Prowler enemies who explode into pollen that pollinates nearby flower seeds; the flower seeds then grow into beanstalks which gives you access to the upper reaches of the levels where "Spectra" orbs can be reached. There are five Spectra orbs per level, or "Gardens" as they're called in the game, and you have to collect them in order to proceed.
It's an interesting concept and it was fun in the beginning, but after playing for a while, I found myself growing bored with the simplistic, repetitive gameplay. It doesn't help that each Spectra orb has to be collected one at a time either. This means you are forced to revisit each garden five times in order to get a 100% completion ranking. In addition, climbing the beanstalks of Eden is not as easy as it sounds, especially in the later levels.
Still, PixelJunk Eden is a beautiful and mesmerising title that warrants a look.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Absolver celebrates 250K sales with new masks
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Fullbright Founders To Headline Melbourne International Games Week 2017
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Sony ghillie up with new Call of Duty bundle
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceQLD
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- TPProject Manager & Business Analyst - eDRMS - 18+ month ContractQLD
- FTBusiness Transformation ConsultantOther
- CCDataStage DeveloperNSW
- FTReporting Consultant with AlteryxOther
- FTSystems and Database AdministratorACT
- FTJunior Business Intelligence Analyst - Power BIOther
- FTBusiness Process AnalystOther
- CCTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTMid Level .NET Developer (Full Stack, Back End focus) - C#Other
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC
- FTJAVA DeveloperOther
- FTApplication Support Maintenance & Patching AnalystOther
- FTFTTx Network Area PlannerOther
- FTLead Business Analyst - Logistics and Supply ChainOther
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCNon-Functional Test ConsultantNSW
- TPDatabase & GIS ManagerVIC
- FTUI Developer / Front-End DevloperQLD
- CCMainframe DeveloperWA
- FTSolutions Architect - Metering Systems / AMIOther
- CCCerner Senior Applications SpecialistQLD