Sandisk Ultra II SD Plus 1GB
- Plugs into USB slot, fast, only slightly more expensive, eliminates the need for card readers
A product that does what it says it does and offers convenience at a competitive price. Outstanding.
Price$ 134.99 (AUD)
The most brilliant ideas are often the most simple, and we cannot help but raise our hats to the team at SanDisk, who have come up with an ingeniously simple yet incredibly brilliant idea - a memory card that can be plugged into a USB slot.
If you own a digital camera, PDA or digital music player, chances are you are using a memory card to store your data, whether it be pictures, photos, music, movies or documents. While there are a few different types, the most popular and commonly used memory card format is SD (Secure Digital).
SD cards have many benefits, the main one being the ability store incredibly large amounts of data on such a small chip. The problem with SD cards (and memory cards in general) has been their connectivity to computers. To use a memory card with a computer, you need either a dedicated memory slot built into the machine, or you have to purchase a dedicated card reader - like the SanDisk ImageMate.
This has meant that transferring photos from your camera to your laptop has always been inconvenient to say the least, especially if you have to carry card readers around with you. Enter the SanDisk Ultra II SD Plus - an SD memory card that is also USB compatible.
While it may look and function exactly like a standard SD card, folding over the bottom of the card reveals a USB plug, compatible with any USB port. This allows you to remove your card from your camera and plug it straight into the USB port of your PC, without the need for extra slots or card readers.
Our only concern with the card is the hinge itself looks rather flimsy and continual use of this may cause problems over time. Apart from that, the card is just about as fast as a normal memory card, and only slightly more expensive. With the convenience and practicality this card offers, you'd be nuts not to buy one.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Synology announces slew of new hardware + software at Sydney event
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMid-Level Project Manager - IP and Voice ProductsOther
- TPeLearning Developer / TrainerVIC
- FTClass Super - Application Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- FTSenior EAM ConsultantQLD
- CCMobile Applications DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Superannuation/WealthOther
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- TPRelease CoordinatorNSW
- FTPython Developer - FinTech/TradingOther
- FTApp Support Tech LeadQLD
- FTTechnical Engineer - NPIOther
- CCNetwork Designer - TelcoVIC
- CCCloud Engineer - based in BrisbaneVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork SpecialistNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTLead Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Business Process Modelling) - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCWindows AdminVIC
- FTNetwork Administrator / Junior Network OperatorOther
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- FTiMIS EngineerOther