Sandisk ImageMate 12-in-1
- Easy-to-use, zippy transfer rates
- Expensive if you only rely on one type of card
SanDisk's ImageMate 12-in-1 USB 2.0 card reader/writer is a good bet for anyone looking for a hassle-free way to connect multiple cards to a PC or Mac.
Price$ 49.00 (AUD)
Digital cameras, mobile phones, PDAs, MP3 players, and hordes of other digital devices all demand some form of removable media to store data. Though the computer and consumer electronics industries have worked hard to rally around standard formats, flash media still comes in countless shapes and sizes. Worse yet, there are an enormous number of USB connectors that allow digital devices to connect to a PC, so you have to wrestle with a bundle of cables just to transfer pictures, MP3s or work files back to your computer.
SanDisk offers a 12-in-1 USB 2.0 card reader and writer to simplify the process of connecting these cards to a PC. The device simply plugs into any spare USB port and appears under Windows or Mac OS as an extra drive. The slots are clearly labelled, which makes connecting cards a breeze. The ImageMate unit supports all the common standards, including CompactFlash I and II, SD, mini-SD, MultiMedia Card (MMC), RS-MMC, SmartMedia, xD, and all flavours of MemoryStick (MemoryStick Duo, MemoryStick PRO, and MemoryStick PRO Duo).
The silver and black reader measures 2 x 7 x 10cm, but it ships with a USB cradle that allows it to stand upright and save desk space. The reader draws power from the USB port, so you don't have to worry about messing around with AC adaptors, either. SanDisk recognises that the most common users for this type of product are digital photographers, and the company has wisely included a starter edition of Adobe Photo Shop Album 2.0 to help touch-up images.
A transfer button is present on the top of the machine that can be configured to automatically copy images to a hard disk and then perform additional functions like printing or e-mailing. Best of all, the USB 2.0 connection allows for much zippier transfers than older USB 1.0/1.1 devices can manage (we clocked a data transfer rate of 11.2 MB per second when transferring images from an 80x CompactFlash card), which can add up to a significant time-saving if you are working with 2 GB memory cards.
If you have a number of digital devices that rely on different types of flash media, SanDisk's ImageMate 12-in-1 reader and writer is a handy investment.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
- ASUSTOR Announces Official Launch of ADM 3.0
- Seagate Launces DJI Fly Drive in Australia and New Zealand for Drone Users
- New development for Western Digital
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTApplication PackagerACT
- FTSenior IT Recruitment Consultant - CommercialOther
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Contact Centre ApplicationsOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- TPProgram Coordinator. Product Management BackgroundNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorACT
- CCMobile Applications DeveloperACT
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTWindows EngineerACT
- FTData DeveloperOther
- FT2 x Python Developers - FinTech/TradingOther
- FTData Governance and PMO Lead - DW/ BIOther
- FTLevel 3 Support Engineer (Tibco, Java, J2ee, Jboss)Other
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Insurance ClaimsNSW
- FTSenior/Lead Front End DeveloperOther
- TPDatabase AdmininstratorACT
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Customer Experience Manager - CXOther
- FTApplication Service Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - NetworkingOther
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- CCMean Stack Developers x4ACT