- Sound quality, equalisation settings, FM radio, voice recording, joystick
- Slightly heavy, small screen, poor quality headphones
The Samsung YP-T6Z has features normally seen on higher-end devices, but you would be advised to have a look at the very similar and newer YP-T7.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
The Samsung YP-T6 has a handy list of features, but consumers would be better off with the newer and very similar YP-T7. There are three models of the YP-T6 available: the 256MB T6V, the 512MB T6Y and the 1GB T6Z.
On the front of the T6 is perhaps its most attractive attribute, a five-way navigational joystick complete with a surrounding blue backlight. Used to control the volume, track and menu functions, the silver joystick is easy to access and use.
The screen is quite small, but adequately displays all the information you need, including track number, track time, battery life, title and artist and the time. The fading light meter is an interesting addition; once you press a button the light will come on and then fade to off after three seconds in order to preserve battery (the unit runs on a single AAA battery). It's not an essential feature, or one that would sway you towards buying the product, but it adds to the look and feel of the T6.
The unit is box-shaped, with the screen and the joystick on the front. The right of the T6 contains the headphones input and as usual the supplied earbuds are poor in quality--we'd recommend purchasing a new pair for optimum sound quality.
The YP-T6 has impressive sound quality. It has extensive equalisation settings to ensure a pleasant listening experience. The T6 contains five standard equalisation presets (Normal, Rock, Classic, Jazz, and Dynamic Bass Boost) as well as a fully customisable user mode. But the best sound feature of the T6 is the SRS 3D, TruBass and WOW effects. Even with the supplied sub-standard headphones, the sound was crisp and clear, with extensive bass options available. You can also adjust the level of these effects and change them to suit headphones, earphones, speakers or a car pack.
The YP-T6 comes with an FM radio tuner and recorder, line-in recording, along with an integrated mic for voice recording. We tested these functions and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of recordings, particularly recording from the FM radio, which were clear and concise. Radio and line-In recordings are saved as MP3 files (at a maximum of 128Kbps) and voice recordings with the inbuilt microphone are saved in the WAV format. When connected, the device shows up as an external drive on your PC, so it is a simple case of dropping and dragging files to and from the unit. When we tested the unit, it lasted about 18 hours on a single AAA battery.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCNetwork Engineer (Voice)SA
- CCGIS SpecialistNSW
- FTPrinciple Security Consultant / Practice Partner - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager | LIS Program | IntegrationQLD
- TPFull Stack Developer - AWSNSW
- FTSenior Wintel Systems EngineerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - Pre Sales Development ProcessNSW
- FTPayroll officer | 3 mthOther
- TPBusiness Analysis, Design and Configuration ManagerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTPlatform Software Engineer (Data Warehouse/Big Data) - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst x2 (Digital Transformation)NSW
- CCProcurement OfficerNSW
- CCProperty Project Manager - Office ExpansionNSW
- CCIteration Manager - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- TPAndroid Engineer - Contract (6 months)NSW
- TPDigital Project Manager - SalesforceNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java / MicroServicesOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTBig Data EngineerOther
- CCExstream DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSecurity Cleared Network EngineerACT