Samsung Writemaster SH-W162C/RSWN
- Good quality burning
- Pricey, no DVD-RAM burning
A little pricey for what you get, nonetheless this Samsung model burns very high quality discs.
Price$ 129.00 (AUD)
Replacing the Samsung TS-H552, the SH-W162C/RSWN is the latest in the Writemaster range. It has made a great leap from 4x DVD +/- RW to 16x. In our tests we only had 6x DVD +R available, which burnt 4GB in 7min (a data rate of 9MBps). This was slightly slower than the competition, but burnt a better quality.
The real competition in the DVD market lies in the double-layer burning. The SH-W162C/RSWN burns DVD+R DL at 5x, however, it detected our 2.4x discs at 6x and produced a readable burn of 7.4GB in 20 minutes, a data rate of 6MBps.
The quality of this burn appeared nearly perfect when we analysed it later. This is due to Samsung's Silent Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) and Tilt Actuator Compensation Technology (TACT).
The Silent PWM allows for more precise voltage waveforms at high disc speeds and the TACT provides the correct angle for the laser to write, for each part of the disc. The SH-W162C/RSWN has a 2MB buffer and a burst rate of 25MB. However, it lacks DVD-RAM, which you will find in most burners in a similar price range.
Join the newsletter!
Bitdefender’s best-in-class security solutions have been awarded Product of the Year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches 800P Optane SSD
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
- Synology Introduces FlashStation FS1018 and DiskStation DS218
- CES 2018: Crucial launches next generation MX500 SSD
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- Five 2017 flagship smartphones that are now less than $900
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCJunior ? Mid Level Test LeadQLD
- FTC++/Python DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerOther
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTSAP HR & Workforce AnalystOther
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - RFTVIC
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- FTProject Manager - Product & Value ChainOther
- CCMultiple Java Developer roles!SA
- FTTechnical Quality LeadVIC
- FTChange Manager - Gosford, NSW Central CoastNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Web & TelephonyQLD
- FTPrincipal Solutions Architect - Big Data and AnalyticsOther
- FTJunior BA x 2Other
- TPEnterprise/Service Architect - Service Management ExperienceQLD
- FTData AnalystOther
- CCSharePoint Business Analyst / DeveloperNSW
- TPLevel 1 HelpdeskQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- FTServiceNow- Platform DesignerOther
- FTAccount Security Manager - Permanent - Sydney RegionNSW