Samsung SyncMaster P2250 LCD monitor
Samsung brings the "Crystal Design" of its televisions to the latest SyncMaster LCD monitor
- Attractive design, good colours, crisp text, excellent sharpness
- Glossy finish attracts fingerprint, struggles to distinguish blacks, no HDMI input
The Samsung SyncMaster P2250 LCD monitor looks great and performs reasonably well, though it’s a little pricey when factoring in the lack of an HDMI input.
Price$ 449.00 (AUD)
Samsung has brought the style of its previous LCD television range to its latest LCD monitors. Though lacking the LED backlighting technology seen in many of the latest televisions and bereft of an HDMI port, the 21.5in SyncMaster P2250 LCD monitor provides good all-round image quality.
Part of the "Lavender" series of monitors, the SyncMaster P2250 LCD monitor uses Samsung's "Crystal Design" — an ultra-slim bezel with a piano black finish and a hint of red on its edges. The glossy finish attracts fingerprints and reflects the fluorescent lighting of a standard office environment, but it's certainly an attractive and stylish look.
There is a touch-sensitive control panel on the bottom right of the SyncMaster P2250's bezel. The six buttons display glowing red text when pressed and this means they can be seen in the dark. They aren't as responsive as we'd have liked — they often take more than one press to activate and this can become frustrating. The glossy round stand of the SyncMaster P2250 LCD monitor matches the design but provides limited adjustability. It can be tilted but doesn’t swivel or rotate.
The biggest disappointment with the Samsung SyncMaster P2250 LCD monitor is its lack of an HDMI input. This means it won't appeal to users who may want to hook it up to the latest high-definition gaming consoles. It has single D-Sub and DVI ports and Samsung only includes a VGA cable in the sales package.
With a Full HD resolution of 1920x1080, a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 2ms response time, the lack of HDMI is a real shame, because otherwise the P2250 is a solid performer. Using DisplayMate, we put the SyncMaster P2250 through its paces and were generally impressed, though it's far from perfect. Contrast and colour are excellent but the monitor struggles with distinguishing blacks at the top end of the scale.
General office tasks are pleasing: text is sharp and clear with no visible aberrations, though the light reflecting off the glossy bezel did tire our eyes after long periods of use. Detail and general sharpness are also impressive and we encountered no issues of ghosting when watching movies and playing games.
Follow PC World Australia on Twitter: @PCWorldAu
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCampaigns & Events ManagerOther
- FTHadoop DeveloperWA
- CCDelivery Lead - Process Transformation (Six Sigma) - Telco in Pennant HIllsNSW
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileQLD
- CCMid - Level SAP Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSAP PSCD Analyst and PSCD FunctionalistOther
- CCDatabase Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCProduct ManagerNSW
- FTAgile Delivery Project ManagerOther
- FTJunior Python Developer - TradingOther
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- FTProject Manager/Business AnalystQLD
- CCField Services EngineerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Specialist - Pharmaceutical IndustryVIC
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE Developer (Brisbane)Other
- FTJunior Automation TesterQLD
- FTCUSTOMER SUPPORT OPERATOR - NOC ENVIRONMENTSA
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTManagement Consultant - ConsultancyOther
- FTPayments Solution DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager, Portfolio Change DeliveryOther
- CCAutomation Designer (Solutions Architect) - Robotics (RPA) - SydneyNSW