Samsung SyncMaster 943BW
Samsung's latest LCD monitor designed for office environments.
- Minimalist design; non-glossy screen; wall-mountable; pivots, rotates and tilts; excellent colour
- No HDMI; fast images tend to blur; vertical viewing angles aren't great
Samsung's latest SyncMaster is an ideal monitor for an office environment. The Samsung SyncMaster 943BW combines a minimalist yet classy design with excellent image quality for a reasonable price.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
It hasn’t been designed for gaming, but the sleek, 19in Samsung SyncMaster 943BW LCD monitor will be a capable performer in an office environment.
The Samsung SyncMaster 943BW has a straightforward design. There is little bling or style here, with Samsung using a simple matte black bezel and stand. This isn't necessarily bad news, though; in fact, we really appreciate this simple design. The bezel is slim and the matte surface of both the display and the surrounding casing means the Samsung SyncMaster 943BW doesn't reflect fluorescent office lighting like many other monitors.
Despite the reasonable asking price, build quality is excellent. The height-adjustable stand feels sturdy and the monitor pivots, rotates and tilts in multiple directions. On its rear the SyncMaster 943BW has slots for a standard 75mm VESA wall mount. A slight annoyance is the controls, which are located on the bottom of the bezel. These touch-sensitive buttons are responsive but they aren't backlit, so using them at night or in especially dim environments is impossible.
The Samsung SyncMaster 943BW includes DVI and VGA ports, but Samsung doesn’t include a DVI cable in the sales package. Conveniently, the source button allows one-touch switching between D-Sub and DVI signal inputs. The SyncMaster 943BW lacks built-in speakers and doesn't include HDMI or USB ports — this isn't too much of an issue, though, as it isn't designed for multimedia or gaming.
The monitor has a native resolution of 1440x900 and uses a TN panel. It has a 5ms response time and a dynamic contrast ratio of 8000:1, and it only has a 1000:1 contrast ratio when this is switched off. Image quality is excellent for general use and the SyncMaster 943BW produced good contrast with only minor tweaking necessary. There is also minimal backlight bleeding.
It is worth delving into the menu as Samsung has included many useful features, headed by MagicColor and MagicBright. MagicColor increases the brightness and is ideal for viewing images, while MagicBright is a set of pre-programmed colour modes including sport, movie, dynamic contrast, text, Internet and game. In a regular office environment, we found Internet mode to be the ideal setting, though the colours produced in some of the other modes are excellent. Colours aren't oversaturated and are fairly accurate in most instances. Text is displayed accurately with minimal aberrations.
Despite not being targeted at gamers, the SyncMaster 943BW handles motion well, with little ghosting during action movies or games. It does tend to blur excessively fast images, but we expected to encounter such issues on a monitor clearly designed for a work environment.
The vertical viewing angles of the Samsung SyncMaster 943BW are a weakness; they are relatively poor. The horizontal viewing angle is much better, with little colour shift. Overall, though, this isn't the best choice if you are planning on having multiple people view your screen at the same time.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 3 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 4 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 5 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
- More high-end GPUs are now compatible with Dell's 8K monitor
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Moto E4:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCData Scientist - Telecom IndustryVIC
- FTJunior Digital/Marketing Project ManagerOther
- FTData Governance and PMO Lead - DW/ BIOther
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - NetworkingOther
- FTChange Lead- Timetable ReadinessOther
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTGeneral Manager - Security, Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTOperational Systems Support SpecialistOther
- FTSystem EngineerOther
- FTSystems Administrator/DeveloperVIC
- CCMobile DeveloperNSW
- TPLead Business AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTData Migration LeadOther
- FTINTEGRATION DEVELOPERSA
- FTOffice 365 SMEOther
- CCPeopleSoft Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTHead of Business Operations - SaaS Product CompanyNSW