Samsung SyncMaster 2333SW LCD monitor
Possessing great image quality and loads of style, Samsung's SyncMaster 2333SW is an excellent Full HD monitor
- Full HD, good image quality, stylish design, excellent colour and contrast, non-glossy screen, no ghosting
- No HDMI, DVI cable not included, ball-hinge stand design is awkward
The Samsung SyncMaster 2333SW offers excellent image quality and a stylish design. The lack of HDMI and an awkward stand mount are minor issues, and a Full HD resolution and great colour are more than enough to compensate.
Price$ 549.00 (AUD)
The Samsung SyncMaster 2333SW is a Full HD monitor boasting a 1920x1080 resolution and a 16:9 aspect ratio. The lack of HDMI connectivity and an awkward base stand connector are issues, but the image quality and design make this a great LCD monitor overall.
The Samsung SyncMaster 2333SW has a glossy black bezel with a clear extruded plastic edge running along its base. A soft blue LED just below the Samsung logo on the bottom of the display adds a nice touch of style, as does the round stand. Light reflects off the surface of the bezel, though the screen itself isn't glossy so it's ideal for use in an office environment. We didn't like the controls on the right side of the monitor — they have difficult to read labels and the buttons require a firm press.
The rear of the SyncMaster 2333SW has an etched flower design. The monitor includes DVI and D-Sub ports but there is no DVI cable included in the sales package. HDMI is a notable exclusion.
A strange and annoying aspect of the Samsung SyncMaster 2333SW is its stand. It is difficult to connect, with an awkward ball hinge connection that involves pushing the bottom of the monitor into the stand with plenty of force. The ball hinge doesn't click into place like with most other LCD monitors but is wedged into place instead. Although it holds the monitor sturdily once connected, the stand doesn't allow the monitor to swivel or rise and tilt is limited.
The Samsung SyncMaster 2333SW has a 5ms refresh rate, making it one of the faster 23in screens on the market. The lack of HDMI does limit high-definition gaming use, though the monitor still performed well in our fast-motion tests. Only slight trailing was present and there was no noticeable ghosting.
Colour and contrast are excellent. The listed dynamic contrast ratio is 20,000:1, though the typical contrast ratio is 1000:1. Black levels are rich, detail is excellent and both light and dark contrast showed with plenty of distinction in our DisplayMate tests. Overall, the he SyncMaster 2333SW produces a crisp, sharp image with no evidence of backlight bleeding. Our only real complaint lies with the vertical viewing angles — horizontal viewing angles are much better, with no noticeable colour shift.
Samsung has included MagicColor and MagicBright settings on the "cream" series of monitors, which the SyncMaster 2333SW is part of. MagicColor increases the brightness and is ideal for viewing images, while MagicBright is a set of pre-programmed colour modes including sport, movie, dynamic contrast, text, Internet and game. We found Internet mode to be the ideal setting for our office, but you'll probably need to bump down the brightness a few notches. Text is displayed accurately with minimal aberrations and at the native 1920x1080 resolution the Desktop looked superb.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
- More high-end GPUs are now compatible with Dell's 8K monitor
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FT.Net DeveloperQLD
- CCSystems Network Engineer - DDOSVIC
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- FTIT GraduateACT
- FTSalesforce Consultant - AdministrationQLD
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- CCSAP MM Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTFront End Developer | 6- 12mths ContractOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Infrastructure Specialist (Windows)QLD
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskOther
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- TPAgile Senior Business AnalystVIC
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - ERPQLD
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW