Samsung SyncMaster 193P Plus
- Excellent base, accurate colour adjustment
- Single button may not appeal to all
An ergonomic stand, pivot feature, straightforward adjustment and solid warranty add up to a great screen for everyday use.
Price$ 1,099.00 (AUD)
Samsung's SyncMaster 193P Plus offers great features and image quality, backed up by a solid warranty.
The all-round 19" monitor boasts a 1280 x 1024 pixel resolution and weighs 7.1kg. The screen features a 178-degree viewing angle and provides an excellent image throughout. Its 42 x 41 x 24mm footprint is in line with that of the competition, and the entire unit is wall mountable with brackets that come in the bundle. The screen doesn't include speakers, but most people wouldn't find this a disadvantage as the quality of audio from monitor speakers is usually so poor.
The Samsung unit features a MagicStand, which provides excellent ergonomic adjustment. The base features two pivot hinges, which allows the screen to be positioned near flat against the desk, upright, and even upside-down. The dual hinge also provides some height adjustment, which allows the display to be rotated into portrait mode for working on large documents or surfing the Web.
The aluminium base contains both VGA and DVI inputs, and provides a clean, elegant appearance that would make it at home on any corporate front desk. The screen only features a single button, though it can be automatically turned on and off by the PC. The MagicTune on-screen menu control software makes it easy to adjust the screen properties and fine-tune the image, while MagicBright stores default settings for the screen properties based on the type of image displayed. This reliance on software configuration is fine for the majority of users, but some like to have quick access to an on-screen menu via buttons on the face of the machine.
The displayed image is clear and bright, and the screen includes accurate colour adjustment, so graphic designers can fine-tune the display to fit their needs perfectly. A slim bezel and understated appearance helps the SyncMaster blend into most homes or offices. For the style-conscious, the 193P+ is available in three colours: red, silver and black.
This excellent monitor comes with a three-year warranty, which covers parts and labour, and a there's a 20,000 hour guarantee on the backlight.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Procurement Manager- Government BackgroundOther
- FTSystems Engineer (data centre)Other
- CCDevOps Engineer - Maximo - TelcoVIC
- TPProject Manager - CRMQLD
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- CCTraining Consultant/Architect - TelcoVIC
- CCDesktop Support TechnicianOther
- CCRelease ManagerACT
- FTSenior .NET Engineer - Back-EndNSW
- FTInformation Security AnalystNSW
- FTIntegration Developer (Mulesoft)Other
- FTMultiple Infrastructure Engineer rolesACT
- TPDelivery Lead - IT Services Function - Day rateNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTAxiomSL Technical ConsultantOther
- CCProject Manager - DeliveryNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTBackend Java DevelopersNSW
- FTData Centre Support Engineer -| 6mth ContractOther
- CCSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Developer/Technical AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - Mobile AutomationOther
- FTSenior Analyst, Technical SupportNSW