Samsung Series 8 LED TV (preview)
We look at the D8000, Samsung's Series 8 LED TV from CES 2011
- Super-thin bezel, amazing styling
- It's probably going to be expensive...
We're very keen to take a look at Samsung's newest Series 8 LED television when it hits Australian shores. With styling that's a mix of 2010's Series 7 and Series 9 LED sets, it has LED edge-lighting hidden behind its super-thin bezels as well as 3D processing that automatically detects the content type.
At CES 2011, Samsung threw the covers off over 40 new LCD, LED and plasma TVs. The Samsung Series 8 LED TV is the flagship model in the new line-up, and it's definitely impressive. It's got a bezel that's barely 5mm thick, with a glossy chrome finish and the same four-legged stand we saw on the 2010 Samsung Series 7 LED TV.
All the usual high-end bells and whistles are built in — it has a 200Hz refresh rate, 3D processing with 3D glasses that connect via Bluetooth, and a touchscreen remote control. If you're lazy, you can even use an iPhone or Android phone to control the television. Built-in Wi-Fi means the Samsung Series 8 LED TV can connect to your wireless network and access Samsung's Smart Hub service, which includes a Web browser, movies, downloadable applications and a search function.
We don't have any details about Australian launch dates and pricing for the Samsung Series 8 LED TV, but we're looking forward to putting one through its paces in our Test Centre.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork Architect - Brisbane/PerthOther
- CCSenior Network Engineer - TelcoVIC
- FTUser Experience (UX) DeveloperOther
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- CCSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- TPSAP Functional Consultant - FinanceQLD
- TPBusiness & Change AnalystQLD
- FTSystem and Software TestersACT
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCPortal DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net Integration Lead DeveloperNSW
- CCReact DeveloperQLD
- CCTeam / Process / Project Coordinator ? Telco ? 6 mth contract - Nth SydNSW
- CCWeb Designer /DeveloperQLD
- CCXamarin DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- CCPortfolio Coordinator / Administrator - BrisbaneNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- FTCampaign ManagerOther
- FTUnix/Linux System Administrator - PERMANENT ROLEQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AgileOther
- TPSenior Project Manager | Process & SystemsQLD
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- FTIT Field TechnicianNSW