Samsung Series 6 3D plasma TV (preview)
Samsung's cheapest 3D plasma TV of 2011 may be the best value
- Probably much cheaper than the Series 8 with most of the image quality and features
- We're not sure yet -- expect us to find out when we get a review unit in our Test Centre
Samsung's Series 6 3D plasma TV might well prove to be the best value 3D TV offering from the company in 2011. It's the lowest positioned 3D TV in Samsung's lineup, but we're optimistic about its potential picture quality based on past experiences.
Announced at CES 2011 at the same time as the Series 8 3D plasma, the Series 7 LED and Series 8 LED, the Samsung Series 6 3D plasma TV should be significantly cheaper while still including important features like 3D processing (with a 2D-to-3D mode) and Web-enabled applications and features.
If you're picking out a new television and want to work out what's best for you, read through our LCD vs LED vs plasma TV buying guide.
Want to learn about 3D TV? Take a look at our 3D TV buying guide.
Have a look at what we thought were the best TVs of 2010.
According to Samsung, "The Series 6 Plasma TV (D6500) offers a dichotomy in design texture, between cold, black metal and warm, smooth glass. The cabinet consists of a brushed metallic black frame and the translucent mold encases the frame and uses Samsung’s Crystal Design technology to create a luxurious finish." We think what Samsung is saying is that it will look pretty swish in the middle of your lounge room. It might not be as attractive as the stunning Series 8, but we're banking on this being an excellent value choice for TV buyers in 2011.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Procurement Analyst - AWS, On-PremOther
- TPNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCInstructional DesignerNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other
- TPDBA/Data Migration AnalystQLD
- CCFull-Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Lotus Notes to O365VIC
- FTSolution Architect - DigitalVIC
- TPSystem AnalystACT
- CCBRM DeveloperVIC
- CCITS Desktop / Support SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTDevOps & IT Operations | Trading & Finance | LinuxOther
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)NSW
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- FTRecruitment CoordinatorOther
- FTDeveloper - PERLOther
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystOther
- CCPython DeveloperVIC
- TPData Migration Specialist - Collections 360QLD
- FTFull Stack Developer - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTUI / UX DesignerOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Wealth/BankingOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther