Samsung Miniket VP-X110
- Strap-on weather proof extension, sports focused, compact, mp3 player, easy to use
- Poor image quality, disjointed shooting modes
For amateur sports photographers, the X110 is an excellent choice. Its compact size and ease of use makes it perfect for those wanting to capture footage of themselves enjoying the great outdoors!
Price$ 1,299.00 (AUD)
A "Sports Camcorder" is what Samsung have dubbed the weather resistant, rubber encased iteration in their Miniket series. The VP-X110's design is essentially that of the other cameras in the series, but with an emphasis on outdoor usage.
Physically, the X110 is the same as the VP-M110, with the exception of its black and blue rubber exterior. The controls are identical, as is the two inch screen. Image quality, again, we found to be almost exactly the same as with the M110. For more details on the interface, design, and image quality, please consult our review of the Miniket VP-M110.
The big difference between these two models is their intended uses. The M110 is sold as more of an all-round camera, while the X110 is marketed with a strong emphasis on sporting and outdoor use. This puts it in the best possible situation - outdoors, with plenty of bright light. Fast paced action probably won't be done justice by the X110, but it still presents itself as a functional and viable option for amateur sports recording.
What really exemplifies the sporting style of the X110, however, is the external camera module. A cylindrical device, it's essentially an extension of the camera, which can be plugged into the handheld portion. This is the weather resistant portion of the camera, and comes with its own rubber casing, enough to protect it from some of the less fierce elements. The cylindrical camera fits inside the rubber casing, which is attached to a strap, allow it to be fastened to the head, arm, or any other similar body part of piece of equipment (a bicycle frame, for example).
The quality of the extension is lower than the handheld camera, due to even fewer pixels, but footage recorded is generally still decipherable. Don't expect anything near the clarity of professional sports photography, but if you want to film your mates surfing, or yourself going down a steep slope on your mountain bike, it's a pretty cool camera.
The X110 is what the rest of the Miniket range should have been - a fun focused, easy to use camera geared up for outdoor shooting. Its intended purpose fits well with both the pros and cons of the Miniket range, and we could easily see it being the most successful iteration of the series.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Microsoft's Story Remix uses machine learning and mixed reality to make your movies awesome
- New IoT malware targets 100,000 IP cameras via known flaw
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSalesforce Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTFacilities/Capacity EngineerOther
- FTNetwork Engineer, Voice & DataOther
- FTDeployment TechnicianVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst | Gold CoastQLD
- FTIT Project Coordinator | Gold CoastQLD
- FTKofax Application DeveloperOther
- TPProject Manager - IaaSQLD
- FTSecurity System AnalystOther
- CCTransition Manger - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- FTWindows Server EngineerOther
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- FTSenior Salesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTCyber Security- ManagerSA
- FTSystems Engineer (data centre)Other
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Office 365 Project)Other
- FTField Service TechnicianOther
- FTIntegration AnalystNSW
- CCSystems EngineerWA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA