Samsung Galaxy Pro Android phone (preview)
Samsung Galaxy Pro preview: Samsung targets business professionals with the BlackBerry-like Galaxy Pro Android smartphone
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Capacitive touchscreen
- 512MB RAM
- Small 2.8in touchscreen
- No word on 2.3 Gingerbread Android update
The Samsung Galaxy Pro is targeted at business professionals who prefer typing on a keyboard rather than a touchscreen, but would still like a touchscreen for general input.
Samsung is expanding its popular Galaxy smartphone range, and the latest addition is the Android-based Galaxy Pro. Unlike most other Android smartphones, the Galaxy Pro has a BlackBerry-style keyboard in a candy bar design.
Described by Samsung as "the perfect business partner", the Samsung Galaxy Pro is targeted at business professionals who prefer typing on a keyboard rather than a touchscreen, but would still like a touchscreen for general input. The Galaxy Pro therefore combines both a 2.8in capacitive touchscreen, and a full QWERTY keyboard.
Although it has a very small display when compared to the likes of the iPhone 4 and Samsung's own Galaxy S and Galaxy S II smartphones, the Galaxy Pro has reasonable specifications. It is powered by an 800MHz processor, has a hefty 512MB of RAM, 2GB of internal memory, and is equipped with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and GPS. There is also a microSD card slot for extra storage.
The Samsung Galaxy Pro runs the 2.2 Froyo version of Google's Android operating system; Samsung hasn't stated if it will be upgradeable to the latest 2.3 Gingerbread version. Gingerbread adds a revamped keyboard, better copy and paste, improved power management, and a slicker user interface as advantages over earlier Android versions.
Samsung hasn't announced an Australian release date or pricing details, but the Galaxy Pro is expected down under in the first half of 2011.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Sunshine Coast HospitalQLD
- FTData ModellingACT
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTCapability Specialist | Business AnalystOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTETL DeveloperOther
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTFeature Team Lead - paying $725 per dayOther
- FTInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- FTDigital Account StrategistSA
- FTMICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM ARCHITECT ? NV1 CLEARANCE REQUIREDACT
- FTSenior Strategy Consultant - Blue Chip ClientOther
- FTData Centre Support Engineer -| 6mth ContractOther
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)Other
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Insurance domainVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTSAP Payroll SpecialistOther
- CCAngular DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer, Voice & DataOther
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- FTKofax Application DeveloperOther
- FTDevOps EngineerOther