- 1.3 megapixel camera, FM tuner, stylish finish
- No memory expansion slots, no missed call alerts on the external screen
The SGH-E730's fashionable design, high-resolution camera and Bluetooth features make it a compelling all-round phone package.
Price$ 799.00 (AUD)
Marketed as the Fifth Fantastic, the stylish Samsung SGH-E730 is an update to the popular SGH-E720, with an improved 1.3 megapixel camera, increased Bluetooth speed and new FM radio tuner function. But once again, no memory expansion slot is provided and users will have to make do with the 90MB supplied to store music and photos.
With a clamshell design and a weight of only 88g, the SGH-E730 is compact, but Samsung hasn't compromised on its build quality. The glossy black finish on the unit certainly appealed to us.
The external OLED screen of the Samsung can only display 80 x 64 pixels. It does not display missed call alerts for more than a few seconds, meaning you have to open the phone to find out if anyone has called.
There are three multimedia buttons on the front of the phone that can be used to access the MP3 playback and an FM radio tuner. We were pleased with the sound quality and reception of the FM tuner, which can hold up to 30 preset stations. MP3 playback quality was average.
Samsung supplies headphones (with FM antenna) that can be used with the unit. Unlike its predecessor, the SGH-E720, the SGH-E730 supports speakerphone capability.
The SGH-E730 ships with a 1.3 megapixel camera, and can take photos at resolutions up to SXGA (1280 x 1024). Video can be recorded at 160 x 120, 128 x 96 or 176 x 144. They can be limited to the size of an MMS message.
The SGH-E730 includes support for Bluetooth 1.2 (the SGH-E720 has Bluetooth 1.1).
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTInfrastructure Architect (EUC)Other
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTServiceNow Solution SpecialistOther
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- FTInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTChange Facilitators / Change AnalystsOther
- FTSenior Wintel Engineer, VMware, DesignOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (Reporting) - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - AWS, Jenkins, GitVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - ASAP StartQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AdviceOther
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- FTSenior Telecommunications RiggerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - InsuranceOther
- CCSAP BPC Specialist ConsultantTAS
- FTContract Specialist - TelecomOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - ContractOther
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW