Samsung E2510 mobile phone
This stylish Samsung mobile phone boasts stereo Bluetooth, removable storage and an FM radio for just $59
- Stylish clamshell design, Bluetooth with A2DP, FM radio, microSD storage slot, price
- No external display or notifications, proprietary charging/headphone jack
Samsung's E2510 is an entry-level flip phone boasting some features that are normally reserved for much more expensive handsets. It's not perfect, but at just $59, this is probably the best value mobile phone we've ever reviewed and a must if your budget is restricted.
Price$ 59.00 (AUD)
Samsung's latest entry-level mobile phone is the E2510. Sporting a glossy black front case with silver edging, this squarish clamshell handset represents great value for money, thanks to Bluetooth, an FM radio, a music player and a microSD card slot for extra memory — all for just $59.
The Samsung E2510's glossy front and silver edging makes it look like a much more expensive handset, especially at first glance. However, the plain matte black plastic on the rear and surrounding the keypad feels cheap. Although the Samsung E2510 feels reasonably well constructed, this isn't a mobile phone you'll want to treat roughly.
Despite all the room on the front, there is no external display on the Samsung E2510. We would have appreciated even a simple status light to notify us of incoming calls or texts; you'll want to make sure the "flip to answer" setting remains switched off, otherwise it's impossible to reject calls without accidentally answering them. The side-mounted external volume controls and dedicated music button are nice touches for a low-end handset, but having to flip open the phone to view missed calls and incoming messages is an annoyance we could have done without.
Thankfully, the Samsung E2510 is relatively easy to flip open with one hand, though its long design means it’s a little top-heavy. A five-way navigational pad and two selection buttons handle general navigation, and there are also dedicated keys for the FM radio and camera functions. The keys are a little flat and require a firm press to activate. The same applies to the keypad, though here the keys are slightly raised and are well spaced, so typing fast messages isn't an issue.
The Samsung E2510 is generously equipped with features for a phone that’s just $59. The music player supports a range of file formats and the music can be played in the background while you access other applications. The phone even includes the A2DP Bluetooth profile, allowing you to wirelessly stream your music to a compatible set of headphones or speakers. This is a fantastic inclusion on a phone commanding such a low price.
Like most of Samsung's mobile phones, the E2510 utilises a proprietary charging/headphone jack instead of a standard 3.5mm headphone jack. This means you can't charge the phone and listen to music simultaneously, though stereo Bluetooth is a nice compromise.
The Samsung E2510's display isn't the sharpest we've seen, but it does possess good viewing angles and isn't affected too much by sunlight glare. The phone also has an FM radio and a basic VGA camera that doubles as a video recorder.
Rounding out the Samsung E2510 package are a number of handy applications — a basic image editor, voice recorder, timer, stopwatch, alarms, calendar, memo, world clock, calculator, converter and a range of Java games.
Join the newsletter!
We have 4 to give away so jump in!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Polycom Renew Their Most Iconic Teleconferencing Solution
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
- ICT Architects Still Command the Highest Advertised Salaries on SEEK
- How to secure your CMS without patching
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSolution Designer - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTDBA / Database Administrator / Data Migration AnalystOther
- FTScrum MasterOther
- TPSenior Java Developer / IntegratorACT
- CCIT Cloud EngineerNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- CCFront-End Developer (React)NSW
- CCShort term - Junior PMACT
- FTOperational Risk ManagerNSW
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTIAM DevOps EngineerOther
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTField ConsultantOther
- CCReporting Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectWA
- CCPolicy OfficerNSW
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTApplications Solution ArchitectOther
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTCampaign ManagerOther
- FTSAP PI/PO Integration LeadOther
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCLevel 1 / 2 Desktop Support - BrisbaneVIC
- FTTechnical AnalystSA