- Excellent user interface, DVD recording, plenty of features, great value
- No digital input
The Samsung DVD-VR320 is a top-notch recorder combo. Its minor omissions are far outweighed by its extensive capabilities and value for money.
Price$ 549.00 (AUD)
Samsung delivers a standout product with the DVD-VR320, combining an easy-to-use interface with a strong array of features. The DVD-VR320 also happens to be highly affordable.
The DVD-VR320 has a range of recording options, including a timer function, one-touch recording and one-touch dubbing between DVD and VHS. A total of four recording modes are available for DVD recording, with the 8Mbps XP mode being the highest. The features are seamlessly integrated, and all are accessible via both the remote control and the on-screen menu system.
The interface is complex without being complicated. The wide variety of options is easy to navigate. The remote is intuitively laid out, and the buttons responsive. Clear labelling means that users would rarely find themselves hitting buttons randomly, searching for the function they want. There's even an actual "any key", which apart from eliciting a chuckle from us, displayed information and options relating to the currently playing disc.
The VR320 supports DVD-RAM and DVD-R/-RW. However, there is no support for basic DVD+R/RW formats. CD-R's are also supported, and the device is capable of playing MP3, WMA, OGG, DivX and XviD media files.
A lack of digital video input is the only major blemish on the DVD-VR320's range of connection options. Extra AV and S-Video inputs on the front panel allow digital video cameras to be connected, and dubbed to DVD or VHS.
For its price, the Samsung is an excellent product--easy to use, and replete with a wide range of well-implemented features.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Sony launches MUTEKI V90DW High Power Audio System
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject Coordinator - SAED/TelcoNSW
- CCDrupal Developer / Site BuilderNSW
- CCTechnical Writer - Based in BrisbaneNSW
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Office 365 ProjectOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTClient PrincipalOther
- FT.Net Developers (.Net / C# / Visual Studio)ACT
- FTEAI DeveloperVIC
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- CCBusiness Analyst (Technical)QLD
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystWA
- TPSenior .NET ContractNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTNetwork Administrator / Junior Network OperatorOther
- CCScrum Master - Digital/ Marketing ProjectsNSW
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTProgram Manager - SaaSQLD
- CCTraining and Support LeadVIC
- TPSoftware Implementation Project Manager.NSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Superannuation/WealthOther
- FTSenior Tester - Asset Finance OR mortgage app testing essentialOther