- Excellent user interface, DVD recording, plenty of features, great value
- No digital input
The Samsung DVD-VR320 is a top-notch recorder combo. Its minor omissions are far outweighed by its extensive capabilities and value for money.
Price$ 549.00 (AUD)
Samsung delivers a standout product with the DVD-VR320, combining an easy-to-use interface with a strong array of features. The DVD-VR320 also happens to be highly affordable.
The DVD-VR320 has a range of recording options, including a timer function, one-touch recording and one-touch dubbing between DVD and VHS. A total of four recording modes are available for DVD recording, with the 8Mbps XP mode being the highest. The features are seamlessly integrated, and all are accessible via both the remote control and the on-screen menu system.
The interface is complex without being complicated. The wide variety of options is easy to navigate. The remote is intuitively laid out, and the buttons responsive. Clear labelling means that users would rarely find themselves hitting buttons randomly, searching for the function they want. There's even an actual "any key", which apart from eliciting a chuckle from us, displayed information and options relating to the currently playing disc.
The VR320 supports DVD-RAM and DVD-R/-RW. However, there is no support for basic DVD+R/RW formats. CD-R's are also supported, and the device is capable of playing MP3, WMA, OGG, DivX and XviD media files.
A lack of digital video input is the only major blemish on the DVD-VR320's range of connection options. Extra AV and S-Video inputs on the front panel allow digital video cameras to be connected, and dubbed to DVD or VHS.
For its price, the Samsung is an excellent product--easy to use, and replete with a wide range of well-implemented features.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Sony launches MUTEKI V90DW High Power Audio System
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - POS/DesktopOther
- FTHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCFeature Team Lead/Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTService Request ManagerSA
- FTCommunication SpecialistOther
- FTLevel 3 Desktop EngineerOther
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst/BSAOther
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCApplication Developer - Sterling IntegratorVIC
- FTTest Engineer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- FTSharepoint ConsultantOther
- CCDynamics CRM Business AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer- API &Micro servicesNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Testing/Technical WritingOther
- FTBusiness Analyst / Change AnalystOther
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)NSW
- CCDevOps Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- FTUser Experience (UX) SpecialistACT
- FTHead of Business Operations - SaaS Product CompanyNSW
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCDatabase Administrator - BrisbaneVIC
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWOther
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerVIC