This Samsung prepaid mobile phone is as cheap as chips, but the lack of Bluetooth is a turn-off.
- Size and weight, price
- No Bluetooth, tiny display, no sound profiles, call quality could be improved
We can't be too harsh on the B100 considering its low price point. That being said, the lack of Bluetooth is inexcusable and voice quality could be improved.
Price$ 49.00 (AUD)
Samsung's B100 is the company's entry-level prepaid mobile phone. While the lack of some basic features like a camera can be excused, the absence of Bluetooth will force many users to turn elsewhere despite this handset's cheap as chips price.
The B100 is one of the most compact phones we've reviewed. It doesn't attempt to be a fashion handset, but the combination of gloss black casing and a dark grey keypad certainly looks the part. It weighs just 78g, meaning it is easy to slip into a pocket or bag and not notice its presence.
A downside to the small size is the display — it is one of the smallest we've seen and also suffers from poor viewing angles. At this price there is little to complain about, but with all the spare real estate surrounding the screen we are not sure why Samsung decided to make it so small.
The B100 is simple to use and the menu system is easy to grasp. The controls are straightforward, and the keypad, while a little small, is comfortable to type on and provides reasonable tactility. A five-way navigational pad does most of the work, flanked by two selection buttons, answer and end call keys, and a clear button.
Features are sparse on this phone, but the B100 is for calls and text and little else. There is no room for a camera or an MP3 player, nor is there expandable memory. These are shortcomings we can live with considering the target audience and market position, but we can't excuse the lack of Bluetooth — this means you won't be able to use a wireless headset or speakerphone with the B100.
The B100 is as basic as they come, with a 500-name phonebook, SMS and MMS messaging and a range of PIM functions that includes a calendar, alarm clock, calculator, a currency converter and sound recorder. Unfortunately, there are no sound profiles and the voice quality, while not horrible, could have used a little improvement.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- Sony Xperia XA2 to be Available in Australia
- CES 2018: Alcatel Embrace 18:9 Aspect Ratio In 2018
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Belkin
- CES 2018: Belkin Unveils Armada Of New Wireless Charging Solutions
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAgile Coach/Scrum MasterOther
- FTImplementation ManagerNSW
- FTCyber Security AnalystOther
- FTCCNA Network EngineerOther
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Front End Developer - ReactOther
- CCDatapower DeveloperACT
- FTSenior AEM ConsultantACT
- FTUX DesignerOther
- FTProject Director - SAAS ImplementationOther
- CCNetwork Engineer (Juniper)NSW
- CCHogan Technical ConsultantQLD
- FTNatural/ADABAS ProgrammerOther
- FTProject Manager (Rail/ Signalling/Electrical / Construction)Other
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst/ Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- FTDesktop Support EngineerOther
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSharePoint / Web DeveloperNSW
- CCReporting AnalystNSW
- FTAccount Commercial and Contract Manager (ANZ)VIC
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTHFC Project Manager (Delivery) - ContractVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerQLD