- Design, ease of use and pairing, can store two phone numbers for quick dialling, size and weight
- Needs a proprietary charging adaptor, incoming sound could be improved
The H4 is a stunning piece of design that offers decent, but not outstanding sound quality. Its best features are size and weight, and the ability to store two phone numbers for quick dialling.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Combining a glossy black finish with a weight of just 8.7g, the Sagem H4 Bluetooth headset is a stunning piece of design. Offering five hours talk time and 100 hours standby time, as well as a favourite phone number function, the stylish H4 is a fashion statement and a worthy solution for hands-free communication.
Measuring 35mm x 18mm x 12.5mm, the H4 is one of the smallest headsets in the world. Despite its size, it remains very easy to use, with a central, multifunction button used for most of its operations. A downside to its size is the fact that it requires a charging adaptor to plug into AC power.
Though the trend for Bluetooth headsets seems to be flashy and fashion appealing designs, sound quality is still of far more importance. The H4 is average in this department. Outgoing sound is crisp and sharp and the volume levels are impressive. Incoming sound is a little less favourable as it sounds distant and is susceptible to external noise. Subsequently, conversing outdoors in a busy city street is serviceable, but far from ideal.
The H4 sits slightly inside your ear and projects sound using a small speaker. Volume is adjusted via small buttons on the side of the unit. Despite their small size the '+' volume button is slightly larger than the '-', so it is easy to feel what button you are pressing. Unfortunately, the volume buttons can't be reassigned if you decide to wear the H4 on the other ear.
Using the H4 is very straightforward. Most functions, besides the rejecting of a call, are handled by the multifunction button in the middle of the unit. Pressing it while ringing answers the call, pressing it during a phone call ends the call, and pressing it any other time allows for voice dialling (dependant on your mobile phone supporting this feature). Further, pairing the H4 to a phone is hassle-free. Holding down the multifunction button for eight seconds puts the unit in pairing mode and an LED lets you know the status of the headset. Flashing blue and red means the H4 is in pairing mode, flashing blue means it is paired and flashing red means the H4 needs charging.
Perhaps one of the best features of the H4 is its favourite phone number function. This button on top of the handset allows you to store and call two preferred phone numbers directly from the H4 itself. Storing numbers is as easy as sending a business card via Bluetooth to the headset. Once a number is stored you simply press the favourite phone number button once, and then press call. For the second stored number the process is the same, only you press the favourite number button twice.
The H4 has a sleek, gloss black finish. Although it attracts fingerprints and smudges, it looks very stylish and sits nicely in your ear. Battery life is average according to Sagem figures, with up to five hours of talk time and 100 hours of standby time. The H4 is charged via a special charging adapter that plugs into a standard mini-USB port, and then a small, proprietary connection on the headset.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- HMD slash price on flagship Nokia 8 ahead of MWC
- Motorola bring Android Oreo to X4
- OnePlus 6 Release Date, Price & Specification Rumours
- Telstra Launches the Tough Max 2 Smartphone Designed for Those That Need Extra Durability
- Moto E5 Release Date, Price & Specification Rumours
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Monster Hunter World review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Digital ProducerOther
- CCUnix AdminNSW
- CCDevops Analyst - Automation experienceVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTProcess Analyst x 2Other
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorVIC
- CCDigital UX OfficerNSW
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTData Migration Lead- ECS.106, ETL & SAPOther
- CCPython DeveloperVIC
- FTRail Program Manager, Fleet TransformationOther
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber SecurityACT
- FTMQ Broker IIB AdministratorACT
- FTUI / UX Junior AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Financial AnalystQLD
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- FTService Desk OfficerSA
- FTFrontend Developer - Angular4/FirebaseNSW
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Supply Chain / LogisiticsVIC
- CCSenior Storage AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Change ManagerNSW