Roxio Easy Media Creator 8.0
- Lots of features for the price.
- Clunky interface compared to competitors.
As a one-stop-shop, Easy Media Creator 8.0 could be just what you are looking for. However, you may find yourself outgrowing the program within a few projects.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 is a suite of products that not only allows you to create home movies, but burn them to CD or a DVD. The audio and music capabilities of the suite also mean that Media Creator 8 contains one of most versatile collection of programs you can have on your desktop.
Edit video, back up all sorts of data, burn and copy all of your video, photos, music quickly and easily. However, the most important aspect to new releases is support for the latest video file formats that arrive on the scene and Media Creator 8 is up to speed in this regard. DivX import and export and support for double-layer DVDs covers two of the more important developments over the past year, as well as all the usual suspects such as MP3 and OGG for audio and MPEG1 and MPEG2 on the video side. Considering that DivX is effectively a version of MPEG4, no support for the official MPEG4 video standard is somewhat surprising.
As seems to be the way these days, Media Creator 8 presents the user with an opening interface that acts like a hub, directing you to the most appropriate part of the application suite to perform a task. If you want to keep the personal input to a minimum, 'task assistants' breeze through most standard operations such as video movie projects and photo album tasks. All you basically need to do is let the program know where all your assets are and it takes over, operating through a template process. The results are surprisingly good for basic projects, however its not as easy to dip in and out of the process like other programs such as Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0.
Although not specifically a video feature, the DVD Music Disc creator is surprisingly powerful, using your music collection to create a virtual Jukebox from a single DVD, with the ability to create DVD style menus to control from the DVD player. One DVD disc can comfortably hold up to 50 hours of music, turning your DVD player into the audio hub of your home.
Another music feature that owners of music records and tapes will love is the Music ID feature, which acoustically fingerprints unknown music files to automatically fix or add the correct ID3 tag information such as title, artist, and genre. If you don't want all the applications that the suite has to offer, choose the Custom option and select what you need. A second disc is full of multimedia content to use in your movie projects as well as templates.
Media Creator Home is where all the magic happens, with the program prompting you to select from a list of tasks. The interface is simple yet effective, although at times it almost feels like the program is aimed at educating seven year olds rather than experienced PC users. The editing workflow is clear and effective, with finished projects burned to DVD after the final tweaking in MyDVD is completed. All in all, a nice package that performs all the basic tasks as well as most other entry level applications in the market.
Join the newsletter!
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Project Manager | Service Management I ITILQLD
- CCWintel Team LeadWA
- FTBDM/Account Manager - TechnologyACT
- FTCyber Security Threat Management SpecialistOther
- CCHelpdesk Support AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperQLD
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- TPBusiness Analysis, Design and Configuration ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- FTOperational Support Engineer - Linux & CiscoOther
- CCNew Relic Integration ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- TPDigital Project Manager - SalesforceNSW
- FTUnix AdministratorACT
- FTICT Business AnalystACT
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTAgile Digital Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness System Analyst | 6mth ContractOther
- TPTechnical Lead (Office 365)QLD
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- TPSCRUM MasterVIC
- TPProject Manager - IaaSQLD
- FTCloud ArchitectNSW
- FTChange ManagerOther