Roth Audio Blob 2
- Excellent subwoofer design and quality, high quality sound in bass and treble
- Mid-tones lost in bass at times, mediocre satellite design, too expensive.
The AudioBlob 2 system are a great set of speakers with only a few minor flaws but are overpriced when compared to similar systems.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
The Roth AudioBlob 2 speaker system will appeal to audio buffs who demand incredible feats from their speaker systems and are willing to pay top dollar to achieve that end. This high end 2.1 system delivers excellent audio quality while also incorporating innovative design and style.
The first thing we noticed when setting up the AudioBlob 2 system is the attractive matt finish on the 28 watt sub-woofer. The subwoofer contains all the inputs and outputs on its rear central hub, together with volume controls for all the speakers, much like the Creative Inspire system. The sub-woofer is made of wood, with a black matt finish and rounded edges adding to its overall appeal. The most innovative feature on the subwoofer is undoubtedly the use of inverted cone rubber feet at the base of the unit. Roth have very effectively eliminated the vibration distortion problems that plague many subwoofers, as the tips of the cones are the only element actually touching the surface you have them installed on, While this seems like an extremely simple solution, we find it does make a significant difference to the sound quality.
The 12 watt satellite speakers are not quite as attractive as the subwoofer due to their excessively reflective black plastic finish. The speakers are attached to the sub-woofer via two cables of proper speaker wire, but the clips on the back of the satellites are designed in such a way that its hard to successfully attach the wires without experiencing some degree of frustration.
The AudioBlob 2 system delivers clear bass, even at high volumes, and easily handles the higher treble registers without any loss in clarity. At times during our tests, the mid-tones became lost in the bass despite attempts to compensate via the bass volume control, but this is only a slight blemish on a very impressive system.
Our biggest issue with this system is probably its price. When compared with the Philips Acoustic Fusion 310 or the Philips MMS430, the difference in sound quality is barely noticeable and those systems retail for around half the price.
It does leave you wondering why the AudioBlob would be a consumer's system of choice, but in the end it will come down whether or not a prospective purchaser is attracted to the distinctive design and styling of the AudioBlob 2.
Join the newsletter!
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Crucial Launches Highest Density 128GB DDR4 LRDIMM Server Memory
- The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Will Now Resist the Elements
- Logitech Unveils MX ERGO, their first trackball in nearly a decade
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTechnical Team Lead ? SAP Fiori + UI5QLD
- FTInformation Security ManagerQLD
- FTField Service TechnicianOther
- FTPython DevelopersOther
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTData Centre Support Engineer -| 6mth ContractOther
- FTInfrastructure Design Engineer, DC Power, CommunicationsOther
- FTSenior DevOps LeadVIC
- FTData ScientistOther
- FTRigger TechniciansOther
- FTSolution Architect - Security/DigitalVIC
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java Developer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerACT
- FTICT Cloud Transformation Program Coordinator - SAPOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTJunior CRM Support AnalystOther
- CCCloud Test EngineerNSW
- FTPayroll officer | 3 mthOther
- CCPHP DeveloperQLD
- FTSERVICE DESK - ENTRY LEVELSA
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTIT Manager - ApplicationsOther
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- TPOffice 365 Technical LeadQLD