Roth Audio Blob 2
- Excellent subwoofer design and quality, high quality sound in bass and treble
- Mid-tones lost in bass at times, mediocre satellite design, too expensive.
The AudioBlob 2 system are a great set of speakers with only a few minor flaws but are overpriced when compared to similar systems.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
The Roth AudioBlob 2 speaker system will appeal to audio buffs who demand incredible feats from their speaker systems and are willing to pay top dollar to achieve that end. This high end 2.1 system delivers excellent audio quality while also incorporating innovative design and style.
The first thing we noticed when setting up the AudioBlob 2 system is the attractive matt finish on the 28 watt sub-woofer. The subwoofer contains all the inputs and outputs on its rear central hub, together with volume controls for all the speakers, much like the Creative Inspire system. The sub-woofer is made of wood, with a black matt finish and rounded edges adding to its overall appeal. The most innovative feature on the subwoofer is undoubtedly the use of inverted cone rubber feet at the base of the unit. Roth have very effectively eliminated the vibration distortion problems that plague many subwoofers, as the tips of the cones are the only element actually touching the surface you have them installed on, While this seems like an extremely simple solution, we find it does make a significant difference to the sound quality.
The 12 watt satellite speakers are not quite as attractive as the subwoofer due to their excessively reflective black plastic finish. The speakers are attached to the sub-woofer via two cables of proper speaker wire, but the clips on the back of the satellites are designed in such a way that its hard to successfully attach the wires without experiencing some degree of frustration.
The AudioBlob 2 system delivers clear bass, even at high volumes, and easily handles the higher treble registers without any loss in clarity. At times during our tests, the mid-tones became lost in the bass despite attempts to compensate via the bass volume control, but this is only a slight blemish on a very impressive system.
Our biggest issue with this system is probably its price. When compared with the Philips Acoustic Fusion 310 or the Philips MMS430, the difference in sound quality is barely noticeable and those systems retail for around half the price.
It does leave you wondering why the AudioBlob would be a consumer's system of choice, but in the end it will come down whether or not a prospective purchaser is attracted to the distinctive design and styling of the AudioBlob 2.
Join the newsletter!
Roam freely in the digital world. Critically acclaimed performance and security at your fingertips.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Logitech try to reinvent the keyboard experience with Logitech CRAFT
- First AMD Ryzen Desktop APUs Featuring World’s Most Powerful Graphics on a Desktop Processor
- MSI AM4 Motherboards are now ready for new AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen Desktop Processors
- Intel Xeon D-2100 set to enable new capabilities for cloud, network and service providers
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TP.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Mobile/Java DeveloperVIC
- FTTest Analyst - RiskOther
- FTData ScientistOther
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCIncident ManagerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCShort term - Junior PMACT
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTPlatform Engineer - SCCM - AD - Citrix - Apps PackagingOther
- TPCyber Security SpecialistQLD
- FTNetezza Developer - Brisbane locationVIC
- FTAngularJS DeveloperOther
- FTMultiple Angular ExpertACT
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- FTSupport Consultant (Chris 21)Other
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst | Financial ServicesQLD
- FTProject Admin / Co-ordinatorOther
- CCHelpdesk TechnicianNSW
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTSenior PM - Data AnalyticsOther
- CCDatabase Migration SupportNSW