Sometimes an excellent operating system can be made even better
Roth Audio Blob 2
- Excellent subwoofer design and quality, high quality sound in bass and treble
- Mid-tones lost in bass at times, mediocre satellite design, too expensive.
The AudioBlob 2 system are a great set of speakers with only a few minor flaws but are overpriced when compared to similar systems.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
The Roth AudioBlob 2 speaker system will appeal to audio buffs who demand incredible feats from their speaker systems and are willing to pay top dollar to achieve that end. This high end 2.1 system delivers excellent audio quality while also incorporating innovative design and style.
The first thing we noticed when setting up the AudioBlob 2 system is the attractive matt finish on the 28 watt sub-woofer. The subwoofer contains all the inputs and outputs on its rear central hub, together with volume controls for all the speakers, much like the Creative Inspire system. The sub-woofer is made of wood, with a black matt finish and rounded edges adding to its overall appeal. The most innovative feature on the subwoofer is undoubtedly the use of inverted cone rubber feet at the base of the unit. Roth have very effectively eliminated the vibration distortion problems that plague many subwoofers, as the tips of the cones are the only element actually touching the surface you have them installed on, While this seems like an extremely simple solution, we find it does make a significant difference to the sound quality.
The 12 watt satellite speakers are not quite as attractive as the subwoofer due to their excessively reflective black plastic finish. The speakers are attached to the sub-woofer via two cables of proper speaker wire, but the clips on the back of the satellites are designed in such a way that its hard to successfully attach the wires without experiencing some degree of frustration.
The AudioBlob 2 system delivers clear bass, even at high volumes, and easily handles the higher treble registers without any loss in clarity. At times during our tests, the mid-tones became lost in the bass despite attempts to compensate via the bass volume control, but this is only a slight blemish on a very impressive system.
Our biggest issue with this system is probably its price. When compared with the Philips Acoustic Fusion 310 or the Philips MMS430, the difference in sound quality is barely noticeable and those systems retail for around half the price.
It does leave you wondering why the AudioBlob would be a consumer's system of choice, but in the end it will come down whether or not a prospective purchaser is attracted to the distinctive design and styling of the AudioBlob 2.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- QNAP Unveils the TS-1635AX 16-bay NAS
- Razer debut the first Opto-Mechanical keyboards in the form of the new Huntman and Huntsman Elite
- Samsung brings the Samsung Fl!p to Australia
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Computex 2018: G.Skill draw eyes with new 'Crystal-RGB' RAM and new gaming gear
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- ASUS Zenbook Pro 15: A futuristic, exciting, imperfect, flagship notebook
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies