Taking cybersecurity to the highest level and order now for a special discount on the world’s most awarded and trusted cybersecurity. Be aware without a care!
Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Pure, unadulterated GTA gaming, more in-depth missions than previous GTA games.
- More or less identical to PSP version.
Some will complain that the formula is starting to get stale, but the same thing can be said about any brilliant video game series. A worthy addition to the GTA collection.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
With Vice City Stories, Rockstar brings us another shot at the world of Grand Theft Auto. It's the usual suspects here; drugs, prostitutes, guns and a whole lot of violence.
Set in the Miami-esque city of Vice City, you play as Vic Vance, brother of Vice City character Lance Vance. Vic has joined the army to make some money and support his family, but before he knows it, his commanding officer has him running a whole laundry list of criminal errands. It can be a little jarring as you find yourself picking up drugs and attacking gang members before you're totally sure why. Vic constantly reminds anyone who will listen that he has no interest in a life of crime but can't help but get deeper and deeper into Vice City's seedy underworld.
Nothing New Under the Vice City Sun
Fans of previous GTA games should stop reading here: beyond Vic's ability to swim short distances, there isn't anything new about this game. You go on missions that involve chasing or being chased at high speeds, kill a lot of people, avoid the cops and fight the temptation to forget all about the missions and go on a one man crime spree. Of course there are plenty of side missions along the way. Steal any of a number of police vehicles and you'll get the opportunity to go on a Vigilante mission (though it's difficult to tell the difference between those and regular missions). Though it takes a while to get into this one, but Vice City Stories, like most GTA games, can grow on you.
As with other GTA games, controls can be maddening as beginners will find shooting to be a little hectic, but veterans should have no problems. Driving will have you smashing your controller into the ground as both the controls and the huge scope of Vice City will take a long time to become acclimated. Even with the map--which you'll be checking constantly--it's easy to get very, very lost.
Graphics are pretty good but not much better than previous GTA games. The bright pastels combined with the 80's music and DJ chatter add to the atmosphere of the game. I definitely crashed plenty of times when I paid too much attention to the radio drama known as Angel and the Knight.
If sprawling, open-world games are your thing, look no further; Rockstar is your best bet. Vice City Stories is a fun game that lets you jump into right into the action, but don't expect anything special or new from this game.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 2 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 5 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- The Away Team to get Lost Exodus update on October 22nd
- The full schedule for PAX Australia 2018 is now live
- Microsoft teams up with Razer to bring mouse & keyboard gaming and RGB lighting to Xbox One
- Razer launches Broadcaster headset
- MasterCard signs with League of Legends as first global partner
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Hands on with Huawei's Mate 20 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies