Revo Uno DAB+
The Uno DAB+ will let you listen to digital radio, but its price is less than impressive
- Clear reception, unusual but appealing design
- Very expensive, poor sound quality, unimpressive feature set
We think this digital radio has an unrealistic price tag, although it does come with convenience of a remote control. We think there are digital radios out there that offer better value.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
Revo’s Uno DAB+ is an unusual looking and expensive digital radio that only offers an average feature set.
It's extremely easy to use — setting alarms, programming your station preset and scanning for stations are all straightforward. However, it does have some annoying navigation issues; for example, scrolling through stations and selecting one that can’t be tuned in will result in you having to scroll back through all the stations again, instead of defaulting to the next station on the list.
The Revo Uno DAB+ comes with a remote control about the size of a credit card, that reproduces the controls on the Revo Uno DAB+ itself and adds 10 preset buttons. A 3.5mm headphone jack on the back of the digital radio lets you listen to music without annoying your coworkers. The unit also functions as a speaker for your iPod — so if you get sick of the radio you can listen to your own mix.
Sound quality on the Revo Uno DAB+ is nothing to write home about. At its highest setting the volume is not very loud, and at lower volume settings — below 5 on its monochrome LCD — you can’t really hear anything. It lacks much bass or mid-range, with a heavy bias towards treble notes. If you have a good pair of headphones plugged in then it makes sound quality a lot better.
Revo’s Uno also has an FM tuner, so you can still tune in to stations that haven’t switched over to digital yet. Unfortunately the Uno lacks the DAB+ recording features found on the cheaper Pure ONE Classic.
We think this radio has an unrealistic price tag given the features on offer. Perhaps if it was priced at around the $200 mark it would be a better buy.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Sony launches MUTEKI V90DW High Power Audio System
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCiMIS SpecialistNSW
- CCProject DirectorQLD
- CCJava Developer- API &Micro servicesNSW
- FTBusiness Process AnalystOther
- FT3rd Line IT EngineerOther
- CCSenior Test Data Management ConsultantVIC
- CCFull-Stack DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Software DeveloperSA
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- FTLean Agile CoachOther
- CCContent WriterNSW
- CCProject Manager x 2QLD
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- CCSecurity AdministratorQLD
- CCNetwork Engineer - Cleveland BasedQLD
- TPBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- FTCoach, Lean Startup & Design Thinking approachOther
- FTSenior Project Manager- Infrastructure & ApplicationsOther
- CCPricing AdministratorVIC
- FTDevOps Engineer | Leading SaaS Product CompanyOther
- CCWindows 10 Deployment Team LeadVIC
- FTBuild Support OfficerOther
- CCCRM Support DeveloperWA
- FTJunior IT Admin CoordinatorACT