Replay Radio Replay Radio 5.3
- Simple setup
- Cannot handle multiple feeds
Replay Radio makes it easy to organise and record radio broadcasts. For live playback and recording Replay uses its Real Audio-based Replay Player — a choice of player would have been nice.
Price$ 65.00 (AUD)
There are a number of legal and not-so-legal ways to record digital music - ripping it from a CD, cassette or vinyl being the most obvious. But it's only recently become possible to create permanent copies of the tunes and broadcasts you enjoy online. Although it's clearly off-limits to distribute copyrighted music, you're on safer ground when recording broadcast radio for your own use.
Replay Radio is not the only package that's capable of recording Web broadcasts, but doing so is its raison d'etre - unlike software such as Roxio Supersonic, in which this capability is not the main pull.
Setting up Replay to start recording streamed audio is easy. Tell the software which recording source you want and how you want it to be saved. Once you've got Replay to recognise your sound card, you're ready to start recording.
Should you try to add multiple streams one after the other to your station or show list, Replay assumes each is to be scheduled and sets things up to record for the next 60 minutes. This causes a conflict, as the program cannot handle more than one feed at once. We found it easiest to select Unscheduled for every entry under Edit Show.
You can select what to record from a list of online stations or enter a URL of your own. Replay can locate audio sources that pop up on Web sites, but may not otherwise be visible. Just click the URL Finder in the bottom toolbar. This broadens the number of sites and songs at your disposal.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Windows 10 Insider build 16199 fills some holes in the Creators Update
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTIT Systems EngineerQLD
- FTSecurity Engineer (Cisco ASA) - Professional Services - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Analyst - Rostering ProjectNSW
- FTSenior Marketing Manager | Global Technology CompanyNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- TPSoftware Engineer / DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Higher EducationVIC
- FTSenior SQL Database SpecialistACT
- CCJava Developer - IntergrationQLD
- FTInformation Management Business Capability AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Banking/FinanceNSW
- FTChange Manager, Agile Environment, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSupport Analyst - TallymanVIC
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- FTSoftware and Applications Programmer (Java Developer)ACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPSecurity AdvisorACT
- CCSAP Deployment ConsultantNSW
- FTSoftware TesterACT
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW